AiM iCTF Tourney #3

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

grrrdian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: AiM iCTF Tourney #3

Postby grrrdian » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:09 pm

obeseturkey
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby obeseturkey » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Ill be looking for a team if anyone will have me :D I can also dump BSE and join your cult, my mind is yours :eek:

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:40 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:45 pm

IN4ME
Clan Member

Postby IN4ME » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:41 pm

I can't work any of it out, where do ya sign up.

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 pm

In4 go to our clan section then to general discussion the to the aim 3 thread

Dox

Postby Dox » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Dox

Postby Dox » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:53 am

FYI guys, I dunno if mzry has told Grrd or not yet but he just said to use last night that yesterday something came up at work and he's going to darwin for 5 weeks for work as of September, so won't be around at all, so I guess he'll be coming out of Grrd's team again?

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:00 am

or playing from up there :)

They have the net in Darwin dont they :?:

Dox

Postby Dox » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Well he told me he won't be available for any team games because he is going away for 5 weeks, so I assume he aint gonna have anything :P

fauX

Postby fauX » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:29 pm

I was alerted today that an individual who is supposedly this Mr. Sparkle hacker prick is a player in my clan under an alias.

He posted on the 4sg forum here:

http://www.4seasonsgaming.com/forums/vi ... kle#p48517

...claiming he "makes his own clan" and named I. Well, I made Clan Inevitable so thats BS, however, people are pretty convinced Mr. Sparkle - a known hacker - is in my clan.

I found this out today from SS-Slaught3rmelon. Zotax, who founded clan HT and is also in my clan, was there. In game he stated he had been Sparkle all along. I asked him if he was serious, he didn't reply to me. I notice the poster on the 4sg forum also said "I make my own clans" or something like that. Zotax is founder of HT clan and just happens to be the ONLY payer to ever ask to be in I clan (he stated he wanted in so he could play in the tourney).

I don't know if Zotax is Sparkle or if he was just trying to make a joke, but for me, you don't joke about serious shit like that. I'm uncertain on Zotax as to whether he's innocent or not, but since he already has his own clan, was the only player to ever ask to be in ours, and joked about being Sparkle, that's enough for me. My first step was to remove him from our clan entirely.

It seems most people think VelvetK, a new entry in our clan, is Sparkle. Unlike Zotax, VelvetK did not ask to be in our clan. I invited him after playing a few good games with him. However, since inviting him, VelvetK has not participated with our clan. He hasn't registered on our forum or really done anything else. What he has done, apart from hardly play online at all (3 games this week, which raises eyebrows as to whether he's playing under another name in between times), is bypass talking to our clan about playing with our team and somehow managed to get his name in our tourney team lineup on the PiT forums. I never asked PiT to add him to our team. I did ask VelvetK to register on our own forum to let us know IF he wanted to be in the team, which he never did. He obviously asked someone at PiT to just add him regardless of what I asked him to do, and they did. Is that suspect? Maybe. But whether it's suspect or not, its certainly pretty darn rude to me and the rest of our clan who have been discussing the tourney, confirming team lineups and planning this and that around it in our forums.

While all this was going down with Zotax something else strange happened. Within 5 minutes of me chatting with Slaught3rmelon and removing Zotax over the Sparkle comments, VelvetK mysteriously came online. He didn't join any games, but he was online which, as you can see in his history, is rare. All within 5 mins of Zotax getting banned? Hmm. But, again, this proves nothing - its just a hmmm coincidence. I notice Zotax and VelvetK were online at the same time. Could be different people, could be coincidence, could be same person on two different computers. Who the fuck knows. I don't, so I can't say guilty or innocent either way. But I can say, as our clan leader, that neither are serious clan members and, as a clan leader with doubts, it's only fair that I have the right to remove VelvetK from our clan too.

The problem here is those are just two names among a pool of players. Both could be innocent. How can I be certain? I can't. I can't even be certain that this Sparkle idiot was actually in I clan at all. Removing VelvetK and Zotax could just be useless exercises which means Sparkle could still be in our clan for all I know.

Slaught3rmelon suggested I watch all our players when in pubs to make sure they are above board. I've already done that briefly and seen nothing out of the ordinary. But watching them extensively to be certain isn't an option for me, nor is it possible. They might play without hax in pubs and then with hax in the tourney, how can I possibly account for that? See, I don't want to have to police clan members like they are babies, watch them for endless hours trying to find suspects, and so on. I also don't want to have to play a tourney game, potentially win, and then find out we lose because one of our players was actually a cheater. There is no way I can know if Sparkle is or is not in our clan even after the removal of VelvetK and Zotax or anyone else for that matter.

And when all is said and done what was posted on the 4sg forums could also be plain old BS.

The thing is, I started I clan for fun. I just wanted to have a group of frirends to have fun with and a team that might be able to play scrims and the like. None of that has happened really. This tourney was to be the first of those scrims and now that's been soured with the accusation and possible truth that a hacker is in the mix.

The honest truth is I don't want to have to deal with this kind of crap under normal circumstances and I definitely don't want to play the tourney the whole time wondering if a hacker is among the team I founded. I also don't want the responsibility to try and find/prove someone is a hacker - that's not the kind of fun I signed up for.

So, regrettably, my first step with this whole fun-dampening-shit is to pull I out of the tourney. That solves the whole potential problem right there - if there is a hacker in our clan operating under an alias he won't get to play in the tourney for sure now. Since today is the cutoff point for submitting teams, I know it won't hurt the organizers to just remove us before the final cards are put together.

In doing so I apologize greatly to the players in I clan who are above board - which at worst is all but one of them but also possibly all of them.They are the real sufferers in all of this, thanks to one cunt named Sparkle and whatever other alias' he uses. They might even scramble to get a team in before the end of the day. Me, well, I'd rather miss out on playing than let a fuckwit ruin both my fun and the tourney with hacking.

So to be clear: please remove I clan from the lineup.

Apologies also to the organizers.

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:13 pm

isn't zotax from nz?, whatever.
but fk man, respect :)

obeseturkey

Postby obeseturkey » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Hopefully field a team in time but team SUP should be created and compete.

-SUP-
Obeseturkey, JennZkeysS

Any old hacks from Aim 1 comp that dont have a team hit me up and ill see what we can muster up.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Heya fauX..

Kudos to you for your stance against hackers M8... specially at the expense of your efforts to form I Clan and have a bash in the AiM Comp.

I mentioned a similar thought in a PiT Clan thread about known hackers using multi alias's (and there are more than just sparkle!).... also stated by another PiT member the potential fact that many known pro players also have many nic's....
Its a pity ppl have that mentality & inclination.
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”