ICTF Comp 3?

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

kplxz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ICTF Comp 3?

Postby kplxz » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:32 pm

I think the kindling and paper are all set for this now....can we light it on fire?

:)

kplxz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kplxz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:12 pm

k well that fire died out before it got started pfft :P

cite

Postby cite » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:25 pm

looking for a team :)

also no prizes needed (just encourages the hax and the non regular div1 teams to slum it for some beer money)

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:36 am

Ive been on track to go to the States for the past couple of months for a shoot so havent intended to run number 3 till i got back but due to budget constraints have had to postpone... if there is enough enthusiasm though it could be put into motion....

Questions that arose last time though need to be sorted out. Like the day and time. My thinking is it is more of an "event" and has more of a buzz about it when there is a set day and start time as everybody gathers and there is a good collective competitive vibe, rather than letting teams schedule a random time during the week to play their matches. This does pin people down (for two hours or so) on each occasion but i think it is more collective fun. Thoughts?

Maps. I think the use of mainly new maps is required, even if one or two of the old ones is on the list. Getting people on these servers is a hassle if they dont have premium accounts (mainly for Cresh0r who has kindly facilitated getting people on servers or me who has to fret about getting Cresh to repeatedly invite people, when he might be in a game or server) So people might need to spend the (7c/day) $25 and sign up to a premium account. Thought?

Re cheating. There is no way of controlling cheats short of having refs observing suspicious activity and there is no budget for that. Or deceptive strategies that some complained to me about of others actions during the comp. The whole Sketchy affair burdened me with a bunch of shiz that i didnt need (let alone grrrd and true who took this to task) and this created a negative vibe around Comp 2. So how to deal with claims of cheating is still a ? Thoughts?

Team lineups. During the registration process teams are asked to advise of their lineups. This is mainly from an admin perspective for me. That way there is a declaration of intention by the teams and i have an idea of numbers and whose who. On the day, life can get in the way and some peeps cant make it resulting in frantic requests for subs (sometimes for the subs). So although the request for lineups will still apply, if there is the need for fill-ins on the day that will be allowed - as long as the player is an existing clan member. Guns for hire wont be permitted under those circumstances unless they are already a clan member (who may not have confirmed their intention to play during the registration process but who on the day may be available after all). Thoughts?

this thread should be in the AiM Tourneys page... can this be moved Toga?

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm all for the 'event' setup. Premium maps only would be fun

I'd be willing to donate $50.00AUD for a prize.

I'd also be available to invite people into premium matches if it was required. (I think I can invite 5 non premiums as per the new update) Providing they're on my Frans list.

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 pm

This does pin people down (for two hours or so) on each occasion but i think it is more collective fun. Thoughts?
- agreed

Maps. I think the use of mainly new maps is required, even if one or two of the old ones is on the list. Getting people on these servers is a hassle if they dont have premium accounts (mainly for Cresh0r who has kindly facilitated getting people on servers or me who has to fret about getting Cresh to repeatedly invite people, when he might be in a game or server) So people might need to spend the (7c/day) $25 and sign up to a premium account. Thought?
- some std maps are a must for the fun factor imo...like wise some prem maps
- yes ppl who have been playing this game for (x) years for free should pay...it's unfair to imagine the game is just "free" when the cost is $25.........

Re cheating. There is no way of controlling cheats short of having refs observing suspicious activity and there is no budget for that. Or deceptive strategies that some complained to me about of others actions during the comp. The whole Sketchy affair burdened me with a bunch of shiz that i didnt need (let alone grrrd and true who took this to task) and this created a negative vibe around Comp 2. So how to deal with claims of cheating is still a ? Thoughts?
- imo the cheating claims outcome needs to be adhered to - want to accuse --> send a demo in and leave it at that...it should not intefere with the proceedings at all...voltz is still affected by comp2 as is sketch :(

Team lineups. During the registration process teams are asked to advise of their lineups. This is mainly from an admin perspective for me. That way there is a declaration of intention by the teams and i have an idea of numbers and whose who. On the day, life can get in the way and some peeps cant make it resulting in frantic requests for subs (sometimes for the subs). So although the request for lineups will still apply, if there is the need for fill-ins on the day that will be allowed - as long as the player is an existing clan member. Guns for hire wont be permitted under those circumstances unless they are already a clan member (who may not have confirmed their intention to play during the registration process but who on the day may be available after all). Thoughts?
- exactly.

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 pm

I'd be willing to donate $50.00AUD for a prize.
- imo no prize...fun only and also avoids teams joining/ppl playing for the prize only as mentioned somewhere before

I'd also be available to invite people into premium matches if it was required. (I think I can invite 5 non premiums as per the new update) Providing they're on my Frans list.
- awesome :)

cite

Re:

Postby cite » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 pm

cite

Postby cite » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:21 pm

also 4SG is just about to start a TDM & CA comp so I would aim to run this when that comp finishes so there is no overlap like last time. Then this gives you the 'default' time of Sunday 8pm to play matches if it's not 1 Day comp. If you know a time and day in advance it's a lot easier to work real life around the games.

4SG has placed limits on the number of non premium players per team in the past because getting these players in a server takes a LOT of effort from other individuals.

Also map pool i put forward would support 5v5 player numbers.

cresh0r

Postby cresh0r » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:17 pm

i say, trial a ictf dom server :P
new sig coming soon meanwhile..LOK OUT - DIKTEKTIV CRISH ON DA CAS

hardy

Re: ICTF Comp 3?

Postby hardy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 am

Yeah insta dom goes alright actually.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:12 pm

yeah i'll check with Mick his dates. I like the maps you had on your ictf server the other day Cite, sounds good.

Not much feedback on the thoughts, im sure it will come when the comp is on and peeps start bitchin cos its not the way they like it...

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 pm

damn i was amped up reading the first few posts then my tiny brain was assaulted with walls of text so i gave up lol :D

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:05 am

Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”