SS vs I97 - game delays etc & Vad3r POV courtyard!!!

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

cresh0r
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cresh0r » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:10 pm

i admit, my railing isnt great, but my ctf experiance and tournament experiance makes me better then dox and all of rG with sketchys redbull addiction :P lol!
Last edited by cresh0r on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
new sig coming soon meanwhile..LOK OUT - DIKTEKTIV CRISH ON DA CAS

ske7chy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ske7chy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 pm

I was watching apiphiny a fair bit the other day. racked up some nice kills.

cresh0r

Postby cresh0r » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:26 pm

yeah apiphiny does ok :)

snga
Clan Member

Postby snga » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:00 pm

nice read :)

_VipeR

Postby _VipeR » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 pm

So uhh,

kplxz

Re: SS vs I97 - game delays etc & Vad3r POV courtyard!!!

Postby kplxz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:12 pm

kidToni78

Postby kidToni78 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:49 pm

hey it's supple here, i'd just like to point out that dox your claims of us being 45 minutes late are completely invalid. we only finished our game with pit at 8:30, and we were playing by 8:45 after having to fix our team & connections because one of our players had to go play a ctf game. we even started the game for you before i restarted my router to fix my connection. none of our team knew how to time-out so we couldn't pause. all in all we were ready an rearing within 10 minutes of connecting to the server. also, creshOr had no right to use his server owner privaliges to pause the game on siberia. you are allowed 3, 30 second timeouts. and it was paused for longer than 1:30. most definitely. so basically, there is no way you can complain about OUR time delay when yours was the one that was breaking the rules...

cresh0r

Postby cresh0r » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:02 pm

2nd round started at 8pm, u finished pit at 8:30, game started at 8:45...therefore...i97 waited 45 minutes for a game which was meant to start at 8 :/

also, i gave a member of i97 and a member of SS both server rights so either team could have paused if needed, 30 second timeouts are sometimes not enough time required for problems to be sorted, if someone from SS quit myself (as admin of the server) would have paused the match until you guys sorted things out.

i understand with pits rules, maybe i shouldnt have paused..but it was a fair call, as i97 was having issues and i was just being a admin / ref in the server so i97 didnt break the rules, my administration call did apparently :P

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:19 pm

thanks for the feedback there cresh

its good to hear an admins view :)

all in all it's great to be part of the birthing of these comps...things are being learnt by all :cool:

Dox

Postby Dox » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:01 am

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:03 pm

what is this strategy thing i keep reading about?

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:11 pm

it's hax bomba :)

Dox...we were disorientated from the overwhelming torrent of "chat" after our win...at first it was like funny because it looked like you guys were really mad u lost...then it went way beyond that...it threw our momentum off that we had won literally...as I said we should have ignored it...block???? but having to block a clan in a comp is pretty lame. In reality that is what i97 deserved though. Diabz and others didn't hurry things along...they abused the shit out of us. Non stop for a few minutes after the map ended and then another x minutes into the next map.

You think we would not have won? I disagree. I know I wasn't focused for the rest of the games - combined with the pause debarcle (or bs?) we really had no chance of maintaining any rhythm..and we needed it...first time we comp'd together...

We beat you guys with a 4v5 start hands down in courtyard. Why you think we should lose the other games I have no idea :)

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:24 pm

intense, the plot thickens.

Dox

Postby Dox » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Why I say that is because the third map was the same as the second map, strategy wise. There was no pauses in the second game and we just held ground bloody well, and the win was very convincing. You can not tell me diabz shit talking was what gave us control on the second map. Diabz and Aph were doing just as much shit talking before the first game - If the chat was going to really affect you guys it would have affected you that game too, but it didn't, so I don't buy it that the talking affected you that badly.

Plus not to mention, vsc was afk quite a few times in that first game. I've already mentioned this. You guys may have started as 4v5 but we were 4v5 a few times throughout the game too. I'm not making excuses for it - Fuck knows what he was doing but I did rage at him a few times in vent for it. Any way, what I'm getting at is that it wasn't only 4v5 your way - We had it aswell. We were a 4 for quite some time towards the middle/end of the game due to afk'ers, so being one player down wasn't one sided.

Talk about momentum all you want, but diabz shit talking had nothing to do with you guys losing the second map. I don't buy that for a second. You can blame the pause all you want for the third map, but that's not how I see it and no amount of talk will convince me other wise. The reason I say this is because we used the same strategy in the third game as we did in the second, and it was bloody effective. We did not use that strategy in the first map, we basically ran around like headless chickens for most of that game with no idea what to do (and you can't really hold mid like that on Courtyard any way.) We realised that our team game wasn't working after the first map, so we tried something new for the second two games and they worked damn well.

Besides, like you said and like we said, neither of us had our best players and we're happy to scrim you any time if you want to try our better players. Replace vsc with either cresh0r or matttttttttt (for instagib, matt has a cleaner shot than vsc and cresh0r has the best defense out of all of us) and replace phyrigian with pythia (samityr), and you have our better line up. Pythia alone scores twice as high as I do - If you think I've got good mid control you have no idea what it is like to verse pyth. He's more accurate, shoots faster and has a ton more CTF experience than I do.
Last edited by Dox on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dox

Postby Dox » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Last edited by Dox on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”