-SS- .. Sorry for the rage

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

Dox

-SS- .. Sorry for the rage

Postby Dox » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Just wanted to apologise for my fit during the first game. I was just genuinely pissed off (but I was over it as soon as his connection cleared on the second map) - We were complaining about Vaders connection long before the game started (thus, it wasn't a "sore loser" rage when we lost) and in that game, as we suspected, he was impossible to hit at times. At some points in the game I swear our whole team was shooting him and he was just running the flag by himself and getting away freely. The amount of rage in our vent channel was absurd.

I'd still like to know what he changed for the second game (I can send you the first game demo if you want - You guys seem to think he wasn't lagging.) It was constant lag for the whole 20 minutes, and then when cresh joins and we ask him to spec Vader, Vader's lag disappears completely. Not that I'm calling this suss (maybe his PC can't handle Courtyard or something?) it was still a little weird.

None the less, GG and WP... Sorry for all the dilemmas in the third match. I alt tabbed to mute some dickhead who joined our vent channel blasting music at full noise and when I went back in I had the mouse glitch where you can't escape Quake but you can't enter it either. It just jams in the small window, thus I had to reboot Quake entirely. Then when I got mine going, Aphinity's virus kicked in (he's had a virus that he can't seem to cure for some time, but it only plays up intermittently) so he had to reboot his PC.

Dox

Postby Dox » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Though 90% of the rage wasn't from me you may recall. Still, just letting you know.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:20 pm

damn i missed all the fun !

Vad3r1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vad3r1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:52 am

I would like to see the demo, my ping did spike to 95 at the start, but iut seemed fine to me the rest fo the game!

Dox

Postby Dox » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:33 am

I'll get all 5 people on our team to send you their demo, assuming they all have one recorded (they should do - I'll find out - I have my one any way)

Apparently the guys on your team reckon you weren't warping. I can't see why you would lag for us and not them - That makes no sense.

Edit: ping is irrelevant to warping aswell - you can have a steady ping and still warp. Isn't warping due to packet loss? I don't know exactly but I've seen guys with 30ms pings warp around the place before.

Outersquare
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: -SS- .. Sorry for the rage

Postby Outersquare » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:18 am

I want to lodge an official complaint (rage!) about Dox's awesome performance on Ironworks. You owned the middle bridge dude and I hate you! :)

/hats off

Dox

Postby Dox » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:25 am

Thanks man.

Though Siberia was better. +54 K/D on Ironworks holding mid, but +82 K/D on Siberia holding mid (though you wouldn't have seen it in game since I had to quit half way through, thus resetting my stats), it's in the game stats though if you look at them on your profile. 145 kills, 63 deahts. Heh.

Dox

Postby Dox » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:42 am

None the less I'm sorry for complaining about Vaders connection at the end of the game (though you might recall, most of the rage wasn't from me) .. I don't like being the bad guy and I feel like a jackass for making such a big deal about it, but I was just pissed off at the time (as was our whole team) because our whole team genuinely missed kills on Vader running the flag because of it. It probably wouldn't have mattered so much if he was on defense, but it is what it is. Though I shouldn't have bothered complaining, it gets you no where and doesn't solve anything, I was just venting. You guys played well and deserved the win (especially after being down a man)

Flyphe

Postby Flyphe » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:31 pm

something you have to remember is, you are connected to a server, you are seeing vader through the server. if you have a shit connection then sometimes you may see him warping, even though he is "all good". (or vice versa)
Cod3r

Dox

Postby Dox » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:41 pm

I could probably send you demo's from all of us. The only person I didn't hear complain about it was vsc, but that doesn't say much, because he was afk quite a bit throughout the first game. I have no idea why or what he was doing.

PhyrigiaN, myself, Aphinityy and diabz all have recorded demos of it. The connection problem was his end, not ours - Unless by coincidence all 4 of us were having connection problems at the same time (though my lagometer was clean and my ping was stable - Vaders wasnt.) All this in mind, as I've said it's irrelevant in the end any way. They won that game and they deserved it. Nothing more needs to be said about it.

Flyphe

Postby Flyphe » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:44 pm

was timenudge being used by your players? iof it was, and his ping was higher than the rest of his team then thats a plausible reason as to why you couldnt hit him.
Cod3r

Dox

Postby Dox » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:46 pm

His ping was literally spiking anywhere from mid 50's to 90. No idea about the others, but I can't touch timenudge. Even setting it to -5 makes my game stutter. I can't use it at all.

Flyphe

Postby Flyphe » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:52 pm

hmm, it could have been a laggy server then.... i dont know, id have to watch a few demos from different perspectives to make a fair judgement as to what i think could have been the problem
Cod3r

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:34 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”