Verdict - The Ske7chy Affair

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

Gubben
Clan Member

Verdict - The Ske7chy Affair

Postby Gubben » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:01 am

This has been one crazy week in the Oz QL community as traffic stats on 4SG and probably also on PiT are testament. For me it has been an endless week of swinging decisions back and forth re what is best for the integrity of the AiM comp. I’ve been convinced with true4m and grrrdian’s analysis as much as haunted by doubt when talking to others in the community, more experienced than I in these matters. For unlike the latest Sparkle or Fragzta demos, and despite the polls, it is not a unanimous view that ske7chy is 100% hacking, as suss as it looks at times.

Thanks to Mick05 the demos have been forwarded on to the guys at Id Software as well as Syncerror and others in Europe for further review and investigation (crazy I know). A response will not be received before late next week so ske7chy will be allowed to play tomorrow but will be closely monitored. We apologise to the players who are unhappy with this result but we felt it would be most fair to let the game developers deal with the fate of ske7chy and hand out any necessary bans.

I’d like to thank true4m and grrrdian for all their time and effort in prosecuting their case as well as the wider community for their input. At the least, out of all of this, the rule of recording demos during each AiM match, will now be enforced for all players, to be sent by the end of day of play to aimtourneys@hotmail.com

Thanks for caring about our lil' ole insta comp folks, we look forward to some ggs tomorrow. (please leave hax at the door).

true4m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby true4m » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:30 pm

I respect your call Gubben but i can't believe you're not at least suspending him...Either way rG have no chance in this comp now as rotax has quit due to seeing the evidence.

Anyway my team will probably finish this comp but we'll never play in a pit competition again im afraid.

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Sorry to hear your experience here has been a shit one :(

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:07 pm

my take,
dm6 and sparkle = everyone agrees 100 percent haxing = ban from comp ( yeah i know dm6 isnt in the comp)
sketch = not everyone agrees = should be watched ( lol i reckon he'll be a very popular person to watch)

neither pit or 4sg should be the ultimate deciders on a players fate or anyone else, unless its 100 percent obvious.
while theres some experienced players who arent sure about sketch, i personaly would not like to play god and ban him.

cya later true and team

true4m

Postby true4m » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:10 pm

It is 100% obvious but o well... The only people that voted no on 4sg were rG players. The players that voted no here are just downright inexperienced, naive, or perhaps super-human themselves.

Anyway, assume we're still finishing this comp for now. Will get back to you on that.

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:13 pm

m8 i thought you were leaving the comp before if sketch wasnt banned?

Ghosted

Re: Verdict - The Ske7chy Affair

Postby Ghosted » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:13 pm

This is a joke right? scortch is really bad i played 2 hours of dueling keeps vs him and he only killed me 4 times

true4m

Re:

Postby true4m » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Last edited by true4m on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:15 pm

have you looked at the demos yet ghosted?
if not please do before giving a personal opinion, thx m8

um im pretty sure i didnt write that true

Ghosted

Postby Ghosted » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:17 pm

I have watched all the demo's

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:19 pm

err ok and you reckon he's terrible even after watching the game against z?, ok m8

Ghosted

Postby Ghosted » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Hes wearing headphones... Quake has 2d sound

Ghosted

Postby Ghosted » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:22 pm

My opinions are final :)

true4m

Postby true4m » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Ghosted is in rG lol... anyway the decision about ske7ch has been made. End of story.

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:23 pm

ok he's wearing headphones, quake has 2d sound, but you think hes terrible right? and you've seen the game against z?
lol oh didnt realise he was in rg :-)

Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”