Blatant hacking in ictf comp

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

cresh0r
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cresh0r » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:10 pm

ehhe cheaters gunna cheat :)
new sig coming soon meanwhile..LOK OUT - DIKTEKTIV CRISH ON DA CAS

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:21 pm

ok spotty bums, watched the vids last night, damn nice railing, for me the biggest suss moment was when sketch shot someone below from the top ledge on courtyard, but man even i've done that and i'm only an average railor.
i found years ago using m_yaw and m_pitch at 0.017 helped in those situations, lol forget which is horizontal and vertical.

so i'm giving sketch the benefit of a doubt, not enough for me to ban him

anomvoltz

Re: Blatant hacking in ictf comp

Postby anomvoltz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:25 pm

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:30 pm

I'm sure my opinion doesn't count because I don't play QL, but nothing in any of those vids is 100% proof of hax. I've pulled off crazier shit than that and I've seen shitloads of Q3A/CPMA shots that make that look like a nub. Flukes happen. What happens way more often though is situational awareness - sound ques, map knowledge, general game flow. All I can say is if you think those vids totally prove hacking then you should probably start calling for any half decent quaker to get banned as well. Not saying he doesn't hack, just saying the evidence presented here does not pass muster.

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:49 pm

your opinion will always count cuddle spuddles :P

cresh0r

Postby cresh0r » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:53 pm

its not useless post, its valid, like this one :D locked in its a wall hack, on the fence about "bots" i'm gunna be watching all of them like hawks though ehhe :)

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:19 pm

mmm ok... i've gone through the demos posted... and the ones i have myself... and nothing in them screams hacker to me... granted im not a very good player, so my view may not count for much, but the shots i see are all shots _i_ can do, i just wish i could land them that often...
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

true4m

Postby true4m » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Nothing anyone has said has changed my mind one bit. He is hacking but it is very difficult to prove it to all people. I consider myself a strong railer but ive never done anything like this in 2 years playing quake. Only ske7ch himself will know the real truth. Like haste posted up on 4sg, there is absolutely no explanation for 3 of the rails. No sound cues no nothing. He believes this still isn't quite enough to bust him tho, but personally i do. Anyway, Gubben can make up his own mind about this.

true4m

Re:

Postby true4m » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Bijou
Clan Member

Postby Bijou » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:52 pm

This topic is just wow.

1. Post up the whole demos, not a few select clips. Without the whole demos you cannot prove a single thing. If he was doing this kind of thing CONSISTENTLY for the entirety of the whole two demos then I might agree with you, but just picking out a few select moments does not hold any conclusive evidence whatsoever.

2. Out of those two videos, there were only 11 shots that you guys considered to be "suss". Out of what, how many shots during the whole two matches? 500+? Every one of those shots are a combination of either nervous shooting, good prediction, our team had called the direction of the enemy, flukes, or they were aided by sound and common sense.

3. Keep in mind that Sketch has been playing Quake 3 Arena for at least 6 years with an average ping 200-300. After playing for that long you tend to pick up at least a few good habits.

4. Sketch didn't even play that well or get a great score (sorry Sketch, I played worse though lol), so I don't understand why you guys are even complaining.

5. I understand that you guys have been playing "for years" and believe you have "so much experience that you can tell the difference between a hacker and a regular player", but honestly the things you've posted up don't conclude anything at all. I've been playing Quake since 2003 and I believe I could have made almost any of those shots myself. Not consistently, but they are all definitely doable.

6. As I mentioned before, throughout the whole game our whole team was constantly calling whether enemies were coming in high or low, and what directions they were coming from. So Sketch wasn't just blindly shooting, we'd already tipped him off to where the enemy was. Something that all good teams should really be doing I would have thought.

7. It saddens me that you guys had to ruin such a good couple of matches by posting unnecessary accusations like this. You guys won both matches in the first place, so if you truly believe that any of the other players hack then surely you should just put that down to how "incredibly awesome" at playing the game you guys are and call it a day? Or something like that.

8. Thanks Bombadil for having common sense here and actually viewing the videos with a "neutral" position on the matter. It's obvious that some of the top seeded clans have something against us and are only seeing and believing what they WANT to see and believe.

I know posting this isn't going to change the minds of anyone who has already condemned our clan. This is just my view on it. Sure I'm a part of rG so my opinion is obviously going to be "biased", but majority of what I've said is purely based on my years of playing the game.

Also thanks for including me in that "list of assholes besides OTP" even though this is the first thing I've even posted on the matter.

(inb4 someone comments that my post is "only digging a bigger hole for ourselves")

true4m

Postby true4m » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Here's all the trigger bot (aka auto shoot) situations over the two maps

I can't post the demo here as there is a file size limit. It has already been posted on 4sg. Like i say, if this is not proof enough then you won't be satisfied by any trigger-bot (aka auto-shoot). What exactly do you need him to do??
Last edited by true4m on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

true4m

Re:

Postby true4m » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 pm

cresh0r

Postby cresh0r » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:40 pm

the thing is, i agree, some of those shots are possible, and yes, being able to do them once or twice a map is fantastic, but as a player who has been watching others play quake since 1996 (and playing myself) being that consistent and having reflexes like that, not even some of the top players in the world have aim and reflexes that consistent.

if u watch the regular ctf footage and the ictf footage, u can see his reflexes arent godlike in the regular ctf, and he doesnt know where people are coming from,he doesnt know how to predict them coming around corners, he has to ACTUALLY see them and run towards them getting smashed before he even fires, then u go ictf and WOW his reflexes are better then a world class pro..i dont care how many years he's been playing, they pop out of nowhere for 2 months, god like aim (possible shots but to consistent)

edit after reading trues post, that demo he posted blaiming it on "no red bull" complete bs :P thats his natural noobness, that demo to me proved he doesnt have god like aim, he cant predict and he has issues knowing where people are coming from.

way to sus and u can see 100% wallhack, locking it in, not locking in 100% its a trigger bot or whatever, but even a single cheat for me is enough evidence to wanna follow the rest of them like a hawk...cause all of them do "sus" things which interests me :)

if u look at any other "good player" in ictf u wont see shots that bs and that consistent...not even in mine :P and i'm better then pretty much all of rg :D

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:47 pm

@ true4m

1. I'm sure you could use your imagination and post a link to a full demo download duh. You only want people to see what you want to show them

2. Not really

3. You have no idea

4. Your butthurt

5. Open your eyes, shots like this happen everygame, almost everygame I play I make a couple of shots that I'll go (ROFL DID YOU SEE THAT) on vent.

6. Open your ears

7. You've only played for 2 years

8. Your on top of the list

ske7chy

Re:

Postby ske7chy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”