AiM ICTF Comp #2 - SIGN UP HERE

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Be patient mate.. you will get the details when you get the details..

ske7chy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ske7chy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Just keen to find out.

grrrdian

Postby grrrdian » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:37 pm

double elimination - heres the deal
teams get seeded. in other words, a list is made using skill of teams (lets assume 8 teams). best team is #1, worst team is #8, say.
THIS IS NOT SO IMPORTANT.
because double elim is a format which aims at getting the best two teams into the grand finals. NOTHING else matters. you can not determine who is 3rd best or 4th best using double elim... only the two best clans.
reason: every team that gets knocked out, has lost to at least 2 other teams. therefore, they are not the best or second best. however, not every team will play every other team, so you can only rank top 2.

now, once you've got the seeding, this is how it works, and again, its not so important, but heres how it goes:
1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

then you keep playing, losers get knocked down to lower brackets, winners keep advancing through winners bracket. winner bracket finalist plays loser bracket finalist in the grand finals.

for anyone concerned, its a format which will guarantee you a spot in the finals if you're top 2. unfortunately, if you're not top 2, the format of the comp doesn't give a crap about you (eg: if you were 8th best, you'd be playing best team first up, raped down to lower bracket instantly, then probably get knocked out by #5, and thats it, the comp is over for you). THERE CAN BE NO RIGGING, basically. if you're top 2, you'll get into finals. the end.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:46 pm

All the info re first round matches will be posted in a few days. I pulled the names out of a hat for the first comp and there was no problem. Same process will apply this time.

I'd be curious to hear peoples suggestions on who would be ranked 1 & 2 from our current lineup for this comp?

stay tuned for all will soon be revealed :D

(ps thanks for that explanation grrrdian)

ske7chy

Postby ske7chy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:49 pm

thanks gubz and grrrd. appreciated. No idea who would be 1 & 2.

X_l_A_R8

Postby X_l_A_R8 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:06 pm

for the -PL- sign up
remove robertford and mksy
replace them with JennZKeysS and alcho
Thank you

anomvoltz

Re: AiM ICTF Comp #2 - SIGN UP HERE

Postby anomvoltz » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:40 pm

imo #1 PL, #2 eXc.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:21 pm

you might want to check with JennZKeysS first XLAR8 she doesnt seem to be aware of it...

X_l_A_R8

Postby X_l_A_R8 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Destoryer and I were talking to her about the competetion a few hours ago, and i just was talking to her now, and she is aware of it, since JennZKeysS and Destoyer are in a diffrent clan do they need to change there clan tag?

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Ok no worries. Yeah if you could all sport the same tag on the day that would be best thanks

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:53 pm

How is cunning stunts gonna play with 2 ppl.. lol

Renzokuken

Postby Renzokuken » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:55 pm

We will have enough mate dw :)
Aim, movement and control have to work together for each of them alone to work for you. You may know timings but if you can't aim to fend someone off or move quick enough to get there what use is it to time then, don't favour one over the other 2. -Profanum

todimus

Postby todimus » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:57 pm

we have a full team as far as I know: renzo, cite,odd1, todimus, ?opmd?, murphtanker

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:08 pm

ah k. was just wondering when i looked at the teams lineup post, also thought renzkn was playing for iQ but i see that has changed :D

true4m

Postby true4m » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Hey guys,

Got a bit of an issue... It looks like we won't have 5 active players for Sunday so i'm going to need to recruit a couple of players. What is your policy on this? I'm assuming as long as i sign them up before our first game its all good?

Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”