Skill vs. Insta CTF

random posting madness....

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

48%
52%

Total votes: 31

Brunowa
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Brunowa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:07 pm

agree with above.. nothing beats dueling!

cresh0r
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cresh0r » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:20 am

quoting boogz : I think that, for a while, an FFA/CTF player moving into insta would get a caining from a seasoned insta player.

:P i cant rail well as my whole game is rockets / lg / plasma / nades... i avoid the rail :P ...and i'm a CTF / DUEL / TDM player..and i hold my own against good ictf players...lol

so the "standard players will get owned by a ictf player" cause everyone can rail...even though i hardly use it..after a 5-10 minute warmup with it..i'm fine lol
new sig coming soon meanwhile..LOK OUT - DIKTEKTIV CRISH ON DA CAS

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:51 am

sifz

Postby sifz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:39 pm

Outersquare

Postby Outersquare » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:53 pm

I voted 'no' ... agree with Creshor.

ICTF is simple fun .. nothing more to it really. One weapon .. one objective .. Capture the flag. I run from fights every minute or so just reach that objective. In FFA I rarely run from fights.

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:25 am

I answered no unfortunately :( BUT. Who has more fun? :D

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:30 pm

i cant remember what the question was?

sifz

Postby sifz » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:46 pm

hardy - you going to comment on volt's reply there? ...fun is........?

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Ah ffs, your after an argument aren't you... I have said what i have had to say already in this thread... Im going to be blunt with you....

Fun is, well.... Fun ?

Some people tend to forget that what's fun too one person might not be perceived as fun by others..

Did i forget to add something ?

ske7chy

Postby ske7chy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:55 pm

It involves AIM. Which is incredibly handy to have in other FPS games.

GOOD insta players tend to be good at other games, bad insta players tend to suck at everything they try.

It's like comparing apples to oranges. It's pretty much two different games on the same game engine.

Politix

Postby Politix » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:47 pm

i went from q3 1.16n instagib straight to cod and i found that the movement that i used in quake were similar to cod and found it was vital in my game in cod

Noobitor
Clan Member

Postby Noobitor » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Interesting topic :)
I'd just like to add instaCTF is a team game , so team game skills ,like , communication ,working together in attack and defense are more important than outright Duel or FFA skills.
Like a good unfreezer is also as important as good attackers are, in ufreeze , its the teamwork that makes a team pwnt in a team game.
Different tactics altogether for winning FFA or Insta ,which is every man for himself in regards to powerups ,pickups and healths .
These FFA tactics won't help win a team game unless its against noobs , team tactics are required to beat strong teams.
So though the gaming skills are similar , its different tactics needed to win for the different game modes.

cheers
Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

zero557
Location: In the corner of your screen just about to snipe you.

Postby zero557 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Insta can't make you worse. That like saying playing platformers makes you worse at RPG's. Is you don't play/do something for AGES, then yes, you MIGHT get worse, but just because you play another form of something doesn't worsen your skill. Back to the topic at hand, I think that the Insta player is technically better at normal FPS's because of the aim, but there is also another aspect of the game, and that is prediction. Even if someone is a pro aimer, some people are so good at predicting their moves they can take them out with very little damage taken. So basically what I'm trying to say is that in normal modes prediction dominates, but in Insta aim is the key to winning.
~zero557

frodo
Clan Member

Re:

Postby frodo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:12 am

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:14 am

oh ... and there is heaps of prediction in insta ........... play without headphones for a while and see all the shots you would normally get that you suddenly start missing or getting out drawn

Return to “Pinky's Spam”