Aquaponics

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Aquaponics

Postby Saratoga » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:07 am

Thought ide share a little part of my private world.
Aquaponics is the combination of Aquaculture & Hydroponics.
The basic principal is to use the fish waste to grow food, not to mention the fish.
The fish waste (Ammonia) goes through a filter converting it to a usable form (Nitrate) of plant fertilizer. This nutrient rich water is then pumped into the plant growing beds then falls back into the fish tanks. It is a recycling system that uses much, much less water than conventional garden beds and grows your veggies as fast if not faster than commercial hydroponic systems... and its all natural - no added chemicals of any sort.
Im going to do a website / blog for personal documentation, but for now, if your interested, you can have a look
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

sifz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sifz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:08 am

that sounds awesome Saratoga :)

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:23 am

Cool as, i reckon you could grow some mean buds with that system somehow!

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:00 pm

we shall name this hybrid bud "stankfish" :P
So the doctor said that I wouldn't get so many nose bleeds if I just kept my finger out of there! =P

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 pm

haha

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:11 pm

That's awesome!

This is something that people who have lives, do with them?

Seriously cool, Toga.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:20 am

New Years Eve Aquaponics Seafood Feast 2012
Complete post is
Attachments
DSCF1019.JPG

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:01 pm

ive seriously considered starting an aquaponics system to replace my current veggie garden.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Do it Kami.... when fraggin fags dont cut it I Zen out & feed the fish.

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:27 pm

I liked the rocket clocker as well. I might try one with my cub pack.

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:50 am

how much space do you need for all of that kit?
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:16 am

rocket clocker ? cub pack ? ... im confused frodo

booGz, ive used about 15m x 3m thus far

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Rocket BBQ. Bloody iPhone always changes what I type.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sun May 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Attachments
Asst Harvest 01.JPG
Plants 04.JPG
Solar Upgrade 03.JPG

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sun May 12, 2013 11:57 pm

cool toga, i just helpd a mate build his own out of 2x 1000L iso tanks. worked out good and cheap. just having a bit of trouble timing the syphoning so the sump doesnt empty! any suggestions?
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Return to “Talk Zone”