Anyone interested in a dedicated Freeze Tag server?

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

pen1s
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Anyone interested in a dedicated Freeze Tag server?

Postby pen1s » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:46 pm

I'm trying to get a dedicated Freeze Tag server for Aussies. If you could show your support by replying to my thread that would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have any suggestions then let them be known.

This is the applicable thread: https://4seasonsgaming.com.au/forums/vi ... f=21&t=203

If you enjoy Freeze Tag then show your support!

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi pen1s,

I know most =PiT='s are pretty keen on Freeze Tag and some of the QL community recall the Ufreeze servers hosted in NZ. If you see the =PiT= server up you can vote in the game mode. Or ask a Server admin/mod to do it?

We used to have nights where it was iCTF & iFreeze only but afaik interest died off in favor of normal CTF and CA. It did have a good run for a few weeks though.

pen1s
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby pen1s » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:24 pm

Cheers INKoRP. I did vote in freeze as a game type today but the generic settings didn't allow for a very enjoyable version of freeze unfortunately.

Yeah the old Kiwi UFreeze servers were awesome. Can you remember if they were called UFreeze because they were running Ultra Freeze Tag settings?

pen1s

Postby pen1s » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:17 pm

Server is now up and running for those who want to play!

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:27 pm

It was an old Q3A mod called Ufreeze I believe. Not sure if I'm thinking of the right person but I think Vader is still active and I'm pretty sure he would know?

pen1s

Postby pen1s » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:30 pm

So no one keen on playing freeze tag in the new server?

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:38 pm

is it insta freeze ?
Last edited by Dv8 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pen1s

Postby pen1s » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Ultra.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:47 pm

whats ultra , just rail ?

pen1s

Postby pen1s » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:37 pm

Nope, all weapons. Jump in the server and check it out.

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:02 pm

Sounds good to me. I like freeze. Useless as usual, but I'll give it a go.

The main problem I have found has already been stated. Winning side doesn't respawn. That is what the old Ufreeze servers used to do. End of round, both teams respawn.

Would be good if it was like that again.
Did I just say that?

pen1s

Postby pen1s » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:32 pm

I'd be happy to go either way if some people would actually play! I've been doing my best to put the word out there on the servers and on forums and by sitting in the freeze server so people can see someone in there and hopefully join, but I'm starting to think it's just not going to happen. :(

I don't know why every one is so keen on Clan Arena, it's just so much less tactical and enjoyable imo. I'm obviously in the minority though!

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:38 pm

i reckon there would be around 50 odd quakelive active players, not much more, some are keen to play ft but finding them on at the same time and encouraging others to play seems to be a thankless job... if freeze gets played its more often than not on the PiT server, snuck in between games of CTF. In this way ictf is also played... i reckon, sadly, for the most part, the server wont get populated... i love ft personally, the only part i dont like is the limbo state, no speccing and boring when you left frozen for too long, which puts off a lot of people playing it...

pen1s

Postby pen1s » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:38 pm

There's a setting to be able to spectate team mates when frozen. It's a moot point though really as no one wants to play. Cage could pull the pin on the server if he wants. Fingers crossed there will be a freeze scene when Quake Champions launches.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:00 pm

oh really? we should implement it on our server then as that is a real downside...

Return to “Talk Zone”