Petition to bring Quake Live back to standalone,

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Petition to bring Quake Live back to standalone,

Postby hardy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:21 am

This is a call for a petition to expel Quake Live from steam as a playable application/game purchased and associated with steam itself in aid to hopefully bring the game back to standalone.

Please if you feel you want to show interest to this we will see how many people we can get together that have concerns about the well being and health of the games current unlikely future.

Please register your interest by simply incuding your forum name and a +1 followed after your name

Please don't hold the fact i have raised a petition against me in the way that I'm trying to be some hero that saves the day and saves the game, what i have said in this post has needed to be raised and said, I'm quite frankly wholeheartedly concerned for the game as a whole..

Thank you for your time.

Respect to all Quakers over the many fun years i have had with you let's hope there are many more fun years to be had between us as a community.

Peace! <3 :)

kplxz

Re: Petition to bring Quake Live back to standalone,

Postby kplxz » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:30 pm

IMHO:

Admirable call to arms there H

Emagic produced Logic (audio sequencer) for many years for Windows. Everyone loved it and a big community thrived. Then Apple bought Emagic. The millions of customers who protested about it never being developed for Windows again were ignored. Just like a slave's requests is ignored by their master.

Counter Strike was built as a stand alone game from the Half Life community and millions of customers were treated like slaves when it went to Steam and the protests were ignored.

Quake has gone to Steam; the monster-master who will never listen to its slaves.

pfft ;)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Quakelive is in its dying breaths , connection is pretty crappy most times i have found , just feels different since going to steam .

One server . div 1 players on picmip 9 , have no chance , better connection = change map and gametype before ppl
even enter the game .

They should of just killed it imo .

kplxz

Re: Petition to bring Quake Live back to standalone,

Postby kplxz » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:08 am

ouch dv that's a harsh summary there

sorry to hear about your connection there; I personally have found the opposite! For me since the move to steam, sadly, the connection and ping and netcode has been the best ever. imo this current release is 10 years overdue; wouldn't surprise me if it was supposed to have been released about 5 years ago as a standalone but the business side of QL prevented them. so my only complaint is that this has all happened too late...so many old school quake players are older now...so many just left...

that said, while some old schoolers are gone, a handful have returned and played with others of varying skill levels. cool stuff :)

game-wise, i haven't had as much fun with a big variety of maps and game modes and players since I started playing QL a few years ago.

games have been aborted when people have called for it, ft, oneflag, ift, ctf, dom, ictf all happening one new and old maps.

not sure whats up with your connection there dv, but beware of those rose-tinted sunnies 8) :)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Yer dunno Sydney on standalone was ok , but this server is so packed i think is the problem as its not like that all the time .

But i have found most times it heads back to CTF - Future crossings /spider crossings etc etc , same ol same ol , so i enjoyed one of the newer maps the other night , with the arrows going in circles lol , but i found like i said mostly its back to CTF/Future Crossings

Last night i was in game , by the time i joined on map change it seemd as tho they changed teamsize and i was out and teamsize wasnt changed on [one] server .

So my prediction is this will end up being a server for CTF players , the rest will die , and us or some of us will probably play a game or so a week , like i said i dont mind CTF at all there are many maps div 1 players vote F2 , to big ? , seems its the small 3 track maps where you can cap in 10-15 seconds , with Jap Castle chucked in and Courtyard both arnt enough to keep my interest anyway for to long .

To many ppl to do DK iCTF , so alot of ppl shoved into one server . anyway thats my $10 and 2c .oh and the twenty on my mousepad , still havent got my monies worth yet :)

JToombsy
Clan Member

Re:

Postby JToombsy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:10 pm

I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

hardy

Re: Re:

Postby hardy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:07 pm

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:28 pm

Yes it is what i meant hardy improved performance and improved aiming , no pro's use default of the the box graphics , they adjust their config for speed and WINS WINS WINS , some play to win , some play for fun .

I have my config default and going up against python etc ,( have u seen their configs ??)

Its just unbalanced , yes he has skill , but config plays a BIG role , so for me to go anywhere near competing i need to make the game look worse than doom on the playstation :| , no thanks to that and no thanks to playing with those that have a 'need' to be number 1 every game , me personaly cant see the FUN in that , either config nor pro competitions .

Thats just my gripe , another biggy of mine is (force models keel bright) the game imo was so much more fun when the enemy had their own model and character , force keel bright , didnt bring anything to the game it took variety away , then ppl will say " you have the option to change that " Yer right i would be at a great disadvantage .

When they handed it to steam they should of reinstated Q3A settings imho , again may as well be playing Doom 1 again , it would be good to have a server setting to (unforce) keel model .

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:49 pm

seen python in ctf like twice in 6 weeks...only there for 1 or 2 games each time

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:57 pm

I am playing much better since i changed my config to help my performance (im actually somewhat of a challenge to most of the 1600 elo duelers now), and yes i force model tankjr because his jump and damage sounds are really easy to distinguish. But i still only play for fun, and don't think that going for performance/accuracy has anything to do with players like python topping the leader board. im sure if he played with the music on picmip 0 and full bright he's still kick most peoples asses! :) some people are just good at the game and have a knack for getting substantially better. but i do agree that it gets annoying how serious allot of the l337s take games, and how they always determine what maps get played.

I remember a while ago i started a TDM server, after about 20 mins of a few of us lolling around, in comes storm and a couple of other l337s, saying how the maps we had on rotation weren't good for tdm and trying to change teams, telling people how they should be playing, were to be and call vote different maps. as I owned the server i was F2ing the cv's and then copped abuse when I tried explain that we were playing for fun and didn't want to have the fun taken out of the game because they wanted it to be played a certain way :roll:
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:21 pm

yeah lol tooms....classic high-skilled QL player disease

hardy

Re:

Postby hardy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:27 am

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:37 am

quote] in comes storm and a couple of other l337s, saying how the maps we had on rotation weren't good for tdm and trying to change teams, telling people how they should be playing, were to be and call vote different maps. as I owned the server i was F2ing the cv's and then copped abuse when I tried explain that we were playing for fun and didn't want to have the fun taken out of the game because they wanted it to be played a certain way [/quote]

You summed it up right there , purge server / Future / Spider / Camper Crossings ( rinse repeat ) Yes courtyard gets thrown in and siberia but guarantee Future gets played more than once a night .

=PIT= SERVER = Play for FUN , roll up roll up ... :wink:

Return to “Talk Zone”