STEAM PURG #10 ICTF SERVER

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

STEAM PURG #10 ICTF SERVER

Postby Dv8 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:19 pm

Must say , steam and QL was a bad idea to start with .

Seems only one server is being used and taken over by CTF ,
not just CTF the same 3-4 CTF maps , cant even play the new maps
except one .

Future Crossings
Shining forces
Spider Crossing

Rinse and Repeat :run:

imo this is frustrating and unfair to other players which the usual
players seem to not really give a S**T .

Ask to change to ICTF , next map , next map or just plain NO .

IMO , you's may be dominating the server now , but its both disrespectful
to other players , i know Bomba likes FFA , Frodo likes ICTF , i like all modes
except CA .(not speaking for bomba and frodo btw)

I see this domination of the only server as short term fun for ctf players , but
a quick end to QL .

Its an ICTF server , leave it as that , surely theres a dedicated CTF SERVER
Spread it out or it dies imo .

Not that anybody cares less what i say anyway
:)

borgasm
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby borgasm » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:34 pm

I dont play often, but when I do (aside from last night) the mode has changed frequently and there has been a good map variation including some of the new ones. I have played Freeze, Ifreeze, Ictf and CTF on (i assume) that server since you can change mode wiith a vote.

It more depends on who is online that night as to what the general consensus for maps and mode. I think voting mode change is a lot better and easier than trying to get people to change server.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Got a chance to play ictf tonight .

3 maps , but me thinks its gonna die real quick , only one server really being used .

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:39 pm

Hearing you DV8,

I go to the iCTF's only to find they become CA -- which I do not care for as a gaming mode; in the same way that dueling leaves me looking for the eject-a-seat :-)

Hell, I would even go for instagib if there are any of those out there...

kplxz

Re: STEAM PURG #10 ICTF SERVER

Postby kplxz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:35 am

man nfi what you guys are talking about

over the last 7 days that server has had so many games on it of all types it has been incredible.

disco and some other heavy ctf'ers have even shifted from the ctfs to play some ictf with us!

on that server I've played multiple CTFs, iCTFs, FTs, iFTs, DOMs, CAs and even some hook and a few Vampire games (whatever that mode is)

the general pattern at the moment appears to be startup with CTF on Future, play some CTFs (eg. courtyard, future, shining, inner, siberia, divine, divided (what a map that is!!), and some others until the consensus grows to change mode, then usually shift to iCTF or FT ot iFT for a bit then eventually go back to some CTF

on a Friday/Saturday that continues on...around and around the modes

seriously who wants to play the same mode all night anyway

just vote dv?!? everyone votes and usually it goes through. everyone seems keen to check things out and play whatev because they know they can vote a diff map/mode after the game!

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:38 pm

I guess im dissapointed , i was told purg was putting up a dedicated ICTF which is what it is , it is the least played mode .
Your an Admin Kplxz , you don't like FFA , so highly unlikely its gonna go FFA , but its been CTF , CA ...

the general pattern is to start it with CTF on FUTURE , play ctf , maybe like last night go play 3 ictf maps then back to CTF , maybe ive missed the other modes , but imo clearly the CTF group has claimed the server as there own , Disco imo is the only one who's not fussed , he'll have a game of ictf .

I didnt see an option for iFREEZE , just freezetag , does it default to iFREEZE ? and when i chose i freeze it seems to still show the ctf maps ? And got onto that 'chain' mode which was voted off in under 5 seconds , which imo probably would've been a laugh ..

ok heres my gripe , and its only me .

You dont like FFA , some do , there is one server running really , no ones gonna vote FFA so goodbye FFA.

It starts with CTF Future crossing so attract the CTF team , the consensus to change :P , i was told the other night , next map , next map , and then bluntly NO . THe consensus to change the mode or even the same stale maps aint happening .

C'mon ITs Future Crossing , Spider Crossing , shining , camper crossing i think its called , and vote for another map with a group intent on playing the same maps :-)

Hey i dont even mind CTF , but it is getting really , really old to play the same 4 maps constantly , there is another 20 maps .

Regardless its only one opinion , but from where is sit , i,ll see how it go's but only after a few nights with one active server i quickly thought the $10 price tag was even to much and am contemplating uninstalling , waste of time for (ME) personally to have it installed to play four maps , like i said i like CTF , but ughh , theres some great CTF maps , but the l33t like the same 4 .

Anyway carry on lol , just my 2c ....

Btw Kplxz you are an admin on the server so you can veto :wink:

Disregard all of the Above :D
Last edited by Dv8 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:44 pm

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:41 pm

cite

Postby cite » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:30 pm

I think the lobby function is there to make it easy to move a group of players between servers. so if a CTF server (mainly CTF players) gets voted to CA or FFA the lobby owner can swap servers and pull the group with him.

I've tried to look for documentation on the lobby function but didn't find anything but I'm sure I read somewhere that's what it does

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:25 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:04 pm

wow lol @ the games tonight :)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:04 am

Yer good games , good mixture . turned down my sens a bit , slightly better accuaracy now my kill death ratio is 51/49 instead of 50/50 :P

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:11 pm

i agree sifz, the servers (CA or the mix mode ones) have been full many nights and those mixing modes is great. plenty of insta or reg, dont remember any ffa though...

hardy

Postby hardy » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:55 am

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:35 pm

there isn't enough people in the game to run ictf all night or ctf......hasnt been for 2 years now?

Return to “Talk Zone”