dm6

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kplxz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

dm6

Postby kplxz » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Thought I'd share something I lol'd at whle reading esr forums:

Topic was:

[I cannot believe that this hasn't been thought yet.
So you are enjoying a session of practice on a particular map, and at the end of the map, you are FORCED to go to another map where you can only choose 3 maps from and a lot of times all those 3 maps suck.
But most importantly, you want to restart the map to keep practicing a particular map.

WHY can't we have a clickable option next to the 3 maps that says "restart current map" and this counts as a vote to restart the map??

WHY id doesn't see the objective necessity for stuff like this?]

The reply:

[PREPARE YOUR TEAM

If this existed no one would leave DM6. Some players would be lost for eternity on DM6 servers never being able to leave or choose another map. You'd see them playing DM6 for hours, days and you'd think this cannot be but you are wrong. There is no escape. There is no mercy. You contemplate joining the server attempting to save them but you are not prepared for the horror waiting. You find that you are not the first hero failing miserably at rescue. You are sweating now. "How long have I been here?" you wonder. "Pull the plug!" you scream in vain. Nothing can be made sense of in this harrowing cacophony. "IMPRESSIVE". Your sanity is slipping. "MIDAIR". You start forgetting about other maps entirely. Overkill? Blood run? Do they even exist? "HUMILIATION". Your voice nearly gone now. You feel your soul becoming a part of something much larger and incomprehensible. "Goodbye mama". As you fade you can barely but distinctly hear something among the layered screams.

"VOTE FAILED".

"VOTE FAILED".

"VOTE FAILED".

Spiraling out forever in this holographic universe. ]

rof

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:34 pm

hahaha PMSL that's gr8, and eerily beautiful at the same time... :)
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:48 pm

I'm sure that's happened to me sometime just after custom servers were introduced

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:24 pm

lol, i recon we should ask for jof's maps to be uploaded, they were great fun
jofdm1 was a PiT staple for a long time
for those that don't know jof (just one fix) is a old PiT member and a map making guru !
i think it was called "the Long Way Home"
awsome map with some cool secrets

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Do you have them Scummy?

kplxz

Re: dm6

Postby kplxz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:39 am

yeah can't they be uploaded to the workshop?

I loaded up simpsons_q3 last night and had a short play with some ppl on it....lol map

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:32 am

i was in a clan called _max_ back in q2/q3 days, an American clan, we had an awesome map maker too, i think i still have all the maps on an old laptop, be awesome to see them resurrected. Anyone remember that clan? We used to hang on MSN Zone... Most Aussies wouldnt have played on the same servers as us cos of the horrendous ping difference, (I was living in Europe and USA back then) but every so often some Aussie hpbs would join for a little while...

Return to “Talk Zone”