Unreal Tournament

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cug
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unreal Tournament

Postby cug » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:57 pm

Been a while since I followed UT's development, looks great for an alpha game:

CTF clip:

Rest of the videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/EpicUnreal ... &flow=grid

If you signup to the forums you can download the alpha. I haven't played it yet; no idea if theres oceania or asia servers:
https://forums.unrealtournament.com/sho ... able-Build

hardy

Postby hardy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:24 pm

Hey Robin how are you, come play open arena with me im having trouble with hackers at the momment who are taking over control of my mouse periphrils and controlling my cursor and keyboard in quake and in open arena its happening a little bit as well but i know your a linux guru and have mentioned open arena before so if your keen for a match im down for it, i love the code in open arena its like quake written all over it but so much smoother!

kplxz

Re: Unreal Tournament

Postby kplxz » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:59 pm

Been playing UT4 since beta for a while now.

I would still be playing it now if it weren't for one major issue for me: the character size/visibility

CS had a nice balance of char size, and while Quake's char size is a little big from the CS point of view, the size is right for fun imo. UT1/2/3 weren't too bad either; however UT4 has gone almost Tribes Ascend like for me and that's just too small. On top of that the overall visibility makes things even more difficult. Sometimes with all the explosive particles flying about, flags and so on, firing the gun is pretty much click and hope for the best during those moments. At least for me anyway.

Apparently visibility is something that might be resolved, so I wait to see in the next update(s)

Return to “Talk Zone”