Steam Era

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Outersquare
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Steam Era

Postby Outersquare » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:35 am

Worth a thread of it's own I reckon.

A few things I've noticed:
* People with mics can chat to anyone and everyone. I'm finding it a little irritating because they ones doing it are mostly foul-mouthed morons. Thankfully it turns off when the count-down starts otherwise I'd be playing without sound.
* There are some good-mannered native 'Steamies' joining games now and saying things like 'well played sir!' and "are you having a pleasant evening Mr Square?'. I feel a bit sorry for them with the arrival of the QuakeLive community. I don't think they will be used to the generally obnoxious and thoughtless behaviour that generally characterises a Quake player lol.
* The QL graphics interface is much better in terms of looks and function (for e.g. you can see other players game settings when you spec them - fricken cool like lasers that is - though at this stage it looks like you can't see who you are speccing. Perhaps that's a bug?)
* Voice comms is integrated .. nice.
+ I miss my friends list. Friend me up homies!! I don't know most of your Steam names. So far I just have Ink, Snow and Cite. Some guy called KnT| Sadi5tiK has sent me a request. if that's one of you, sorry I didn't accept it for reasons I hope are obvious :)

OS

INKoRP

Re: Steam Era

Postby INKoRP » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:46 am

cug
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cug » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Last edited by cug on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:17 pm

Good luck working out how to change your name in ExtraQl 2.0 .
did u work it out cug ?
Last edited by Dv8 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outersquare

Postby Outersquare » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:24 pm

Vortex lol .. cheers for the fix Cug. I'm familiar with his potty mouth having been in one of his clans for the better part of a year.

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:42 pm

I'm on steam square so you may find me but I doubt it as I didn't add QL to my account so they now expect me to pay. Deciding not to at this point as I'm not paying to find empty servers.

If someone knows how to get in, let me know!
Did I just say that?

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 am

Deleted ExtraQl 2.0 couldnt get it to change name colors , hopefully they'll put a setting in ...

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Sounds like I need to make some time to get steam etc etc. Might try it out tonight. See you all soon

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Yer frodo got to do it if you want to keep playing QL , we all dislike steam , but QL does run well , more maps , server full last night .
think i goto tweak my config a bit tho as it seems to run faster , so things like mouse accel etc i think i,ll be turning off .

INKoRP

Re:

Postby INKoRP » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Anyone who never installed the Steam version of quake live prior to the new update will have to pay $10usd to play (one off)

You'll also need to spend $5usd to fully activate your steam account, to add friends on steam etc. (others can still add you though!)

Sounds money grubby but I guess it's a way of validating the account to keep as much spammers/scammers out as possible

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:06 pm

That $5 for steam must be a new thing ?

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:08 pm

the $5 isn't a fee it's a minimum spend on the account to activate it. So if you bought anything $5 and over it happens automatically. Might have been Insurgency?

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:11 pm

k , ive had call of duties , duke nukem etc ..

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:31 pm

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:40 pm

All you do guys to change your name and add a clan tag to your name is in your steam name change section change your name to example ^1h^7ardy and its just like quake console naming works but you do the symbols letters and numbers for color in your steam name game field section instead.

Return to “Talk Zone”