Quake Live Testing (Beta)

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:00 pm

"Perhaps the only positive out of all of this is that those who added Quake Live to their Steam account when it was free won’t have to pay for the game twice "

But the people paying premium/pro subs for the last few years can get fucked? The 'Sorry' update? More like 'Get a dog up ya' update. Disappointed eh. Whoever was managing this clearly has 0 fucks. ... RIP Quak Lev

Outersquare
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Outersquare » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:39 pm

I don't know if I'm the bird or the worm, but I had Pro before the change, I still have Pro after the change, and I didn't pay anything.

I seem to have access to all Pro features and my profile lists an expiry date in 2016 as I expected it should.

The game however is not as I expected ... Last night when I ported over to Steam, I copied my CFG files into the Steam folder as Ink described, and my config was unchanged and all was good. I then proceeded to play until the wee wee hours of the morning and had lots of fun with goodness.

Tonight I log in to play and the interface is all new and nice looking, ao I join an empty Adelaide CTF server and note that although my CFG is unchanged, i now have my Steam name (Redeye) instead of the name I used in Standalone (Outersquare). When I execute my config file, i get an error message (but I didn't write it down!) with the result being that I get to have everything from my old config except my old game name. WHY!?

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:51 pm

i,ll pay the $10 tomm

di i have to uninstal QL from my program files b4 i do the steam thing ?

And which config do i move [ auto /Autoexe / exec / qzconfig / repconfig ] ?

ah the questions
Last edited by Dv8 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outersquare

Re: Quake Live Testing (Beta)

Postby Outersquare » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:02 pm

lol .. it just dawned on me what has happened here. They took our Pro money, left us with Steam, and took off in their Ferrari's into the sunset with middle fingers held high.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:03 pm

har har , yup got mine to , dumped to steam , pay another $10 + DLC coming , pretty sure i purchased this game in the 90s

suppose we got 4 player multiplayer Doom to look forward to :lol:

Outersquare

Postby Outersquare » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:09 pm

no unistall necessary as far as I can tell., I have both versions right now.

sorry DV missed your other questions there. I followed INKs little guide a few items back in this thread. I just copied my entire baseq3 directory there.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:57 pm

k thanx .

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:43 am

I would have thought messing about with the finances like this would lead to legal trouble?

I stopped subscribing to the pro account a while ago...removing cobalt station, removing votemap abilities, removing the australian servers, and the lack of communication made it easy to justify not giving them any more money.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:17 pm

i was paid till 2016

Outersquare

Postby Outersquare » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:34 pm

The change over came at an unfortunate time. CTF was just beginning to resurge; there were some really great sessions going over the last few weeks.

NOw everyone evaporated ...

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:21 am

Yer the beta seperated everyone plus the Aus servers gone .
Seemed a few on tonight , few new maps and can start a game of any type so see what happens .

Like Quake 3 you can start a server add bots till ppl join then kick the bots ...

hardy

Postby hardy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:21 am

There is an agenda going on with the new steam release valve has taken over from bethesda and id software and made it hard for some of us to get into the game or to access the game im having trouble with opening the game its still listed as beta testing in my steam library list and the old quake title in my steam library was deleted. It would seem they only want a select few to play the game who they know will quit trying to disarm the game due to foul play i bet theres alot of players going through problems that cant get into the game as steam has made it very hard to access i sent a support request to them asking them to dlelete the beta testing version from may steam games library so i can buy the new version and im happy to pay the 10 bux to play this is just the lowest of low and i blame valve and there ways of trying to infiltrate that greatness that quake is they are just jealous that valve made a shittier game when they made half life i mean it was a good game but there is obvious competition and valve does not like how far carmack has gone and carmack would probably have less money then valve because valve are greedy cunts who don't know what they are doing when it boils dpwn to it they are jusat in it for the moeny and i mean if all else fails we can all revert to quake 3 arena there is still many servers to play online on in that game still never forget quake 3 arena guys Peace.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:50 am

Did you try this hardy ?

In your games library, right click on it and go 'properties' or w/e it says, somewhere under a tab in there is a checkbox to opt-in for betas. Check it, OK/Apply and then the game will update.

yup once carmack left ID went to ...I'd kick QL to the curb to go back to Q3A any day ...

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:16 am

I've not played so many ctf/ictf/ft/ift games within a few days for ages; even a domination :)

The new Quake Live client has had some great games already!

Speaking of CTF; anyone seen sags?

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:30 am

how do u take those triangles of HAXOR :!:

Return to “Talk Zone”