New free-to-play FPS: Dirty Bomb

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:58 pm

DB is not about developing characters at all, its an objective based game, blow shit up, repair shit, achieve objectives, its not a rpg... i dont find it any diff to playing ctf... objective based... it requires all your shooting skills with the added objectives to achieve.... the learning curve is there though, all the new mouse work and map learning, took me a while but once you learn what the objectives are, you can settle in to some camping and fragging or help win the objectives, its good to see most people are committed to achieving objectives and not just fragging, which makes the games fun... get into it boyz

kplxz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kplxz » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:24 am

borgasm
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby borgasm » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:19 pm

There are 3 different main weapons available per merc. and only 9 loadouts per merc at present.

there are 7 'tiers' of card though (different variation of the same 'loudout') 3 of these are slightly underpowered, and then the other 4 variants are the same game play wise, the only change is your skin. Its all randomly given too, so time played isnt so much a factor as luck is. Ive seen many noobs with top tier cards, and after 237 hours of play I dont have a single top tier card and it doesnt affect my playing ability at all.

You can be the top player in a server while using the lowest tier card quite easily too if you know how to aim.

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:04 pm

nice info there

now to prac aim :)

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:41 am

I won a rhino code in the stream today. I also came first in the game I played on stream. They set one up for sat morning aussie time. Is anyone deperate for another merc to make it more fun? I have almost all of them so happy to give it away to one of you lot if someone doesnt have much.

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:59 pm

If anyone still plays, or is just getting into it, there is a big update coming in a week. A new merc, permanant execution mode, a new map, and a few other goodies yet to be confirmed. With some of the stuff that has been hyped there is likely to be an even weekend with free limited edition cases as well.

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:03 pm

Sweet, it's been getting a little meh lately, might be when I'm playing though, seems like there's not many servers going and even less on Stopwatch :(

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:13 pm

yeah, outside of peak times its kinda like that. I had stopwatch missions today and there was only one server. anytime after 2pm its generally got a few going though.

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:57 pm

By the time I'm home, fed and watered it's 10-11pm over east *sobs* Damn you DST!

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:52 pm

yeah havent played for a while, the pc i was playing on is ded and my pc and the replacement one are shit and it makes it so hard to go from highest graphics @1920x1080 to lowest graphics @1024x768 :P
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:17 pm

seems like there are less populated servers than there were a month or two ago, maybe theres been a drop off in interest by players? ive been playing much more quake lately but still getting a few hours a week of DB. Havent seen anyone other than neo___ ingame lately though...

Sifz, i think whats hard initially is knowing where to go to achieve objectives, and also figuring out which mercs to have to suit your game play. I like to play objectives so i use engie, or medic or nader for defensive rounds... others who like to frag more than chase objectives go for the other soldier varieties... You seemed to get discouraged pretty quickly from memory, one of your dislikes being the at times lengthy limbo waiting to get respawned, probably cos you were dieing quickly and not knowing where you were being sniped from... that learning curve is fairly short, but just like quake you have to learn the maps, once you do, its a whole lot more fun...

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:36 am

Player base has definitely dropped a long way from the launch of the open beta, but you still find games at almost all times of the day. Im still playing once every few days because its pot luck whether quake works for me on any given day and ive kinda given up trying. With the smaller player base you get to know some of the other players a bit more now which increases the fun.

Anyway, coming up is a large update and giveaways. Update will include a new mode (execution) with 2 maps, a new merc, some balance changes and a lot of Hype. This will likely happen next week. Anyone that logs in during that week will get either, the Phoenix merc if you dont already have him, OR if you have him, you will get an Obsidian card for him, and two elite cases.

If you are just casually playing, I'd recommend logging in that week just to get the free merc at least. You wont have to play, just load the game.

INKoRP

Re: New free-to-play FPS: Dirty Bomb

Postby INKoRP » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:27 am

Logitech skin giveaway. skyhammer and aura again
https://www.facebook.com/LogitechG/app_ ... e_internal

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:44 am

dirtybomb.com.au/biggesthax/australians/gubben-borgs-double-trouble.html

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:04 pm

Pffft, as if.

its dirtybomb.com, not .com.au

Return to “Talk Zone”