New free-to-play FPS: Dirty Bomb

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:15 pm

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:03 am

Dirty Bomb seems promising so far, I hope they add more mercs but at the same time not too many (or too quick) but it's still Beta so fingers crossed.

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:15 pm

[Tip] Getting a direct hit with an ammo pack reduces the recipients ability cooldown by 15%

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:01 pm

i cant even add friends, says my account status doesnt allow it... the offline for a year one must be the old account, i cant even figure out how to search... it jsut says i cant add friends with my account...? I find the game a bit clunky tbh i hate the movement... so not fluid like ql... and dunno what fps im getting but its not smooth either... ET was better imo but its still been a bit of fun...

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Doesn't sound right. In Steam click on your name on the top and see if you can set your profile up, it might let you add friends and be more searchable after that?

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:24 pm

Add a friend: my account does not meet the requirements to use this feature...

INKoRP

Re:

Postby INKoRP » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:38 pm

borgasm
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby borgasm » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:58 am

Well, its now saying last online 8 hours ago. From what I rememberr of setting up my account I could accept friends but not send requests. Have you seen any requests come in? Find them via the envelope (notification) icon in top right of the main window.

Edit: Oh wait, I see you are on my list now so you must have been able to accept it. People will have to add you instead of you adding them.
Gubbs is in the pit members group to make him easier to find gang.

kplxz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kplxz » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:14 pm

I tried dirty bomb...the gameplay has that smooth/fast/gliding feel to it. Feels too fast. But I didn't play it for long...I'll give it a few more tries but so far I prefer the new UT gameplay-feel

I also had audio glitches...

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:17 pm

Movement to me feels like a cross between CS and QL

hardy

Postby hardy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:08 am

Yeah i been playing this a bit lately, not a bad game seems to be pretty fast paced. Hit me up if your keen for a game :)

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:54 am

I'm about 5hrs in, just starting to get the hang of it. Definitely going to start sucking without a decent team :D

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:28 am

The new merc rotation is going to have Rhino in it (i think) who is a fkn tank. Going to be an interesting set of games. At least one rhino wont be able to dominate though like they do now. Im looking forward to trying out bushwhacker and his turret.

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:30 pm

Some basic tips I grabbed from the wiki that I didn't pickup from playing (about 5hrs in so far)

Don't stand still when repairing! Contrary to when planting C4 you can actually move when repairing. This is particularly useful when you want to get that last repair in on a vehicle while you are being shot at. Just keep repairing and move into cover behind the vehicle.

Focus on the right thing! If a teammate is repairing something, don't help her repair. The time it takes is not decreased because you try to help. Secure the area instead. Same thing with C4, don't stare at the guy planting, make sure he can plant without being shot.

To deliver or return a carryable Objective (Drug Sample or EMP Charge), you don't have to hold F to return or deliver it, you can just tap F and it will return/deliver it as long as you stay in range.

While sprinting, hitting your Crouch + Jump buttons simultaneously will trigger a Long Jump. This can also be used during wall jumps to boost your trajectory. (I had no idea you could even wall jump?)

SkyHammer marker can be used as a grenade indoors. If you get damaged by the marker itself the airstrike is NOT called in.

Airstrikes will land from right to left perpendicular to where you threw them.

Fragger's Grenades can be cooked: By holding the skill button on Fragger you can cook his grenades. The timer is indicated by him lifting his fingers counting to three. If the grenade is not released it will explode in your hand and kill you. You can recook the grenade by switching to another weapon.

The longer you charge your defibrillator, the more health you give to the teammate when reviving him. When it's fully charged, an electric arc animation appears between your defibrillator pads. A fully charged defibrillator revives at full health. You can keep it charged indefinitely so it's sometimes interesting to hold it preventively till your teammate dies. The Defibrillator can also be used as a melee weapon.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:41 pm

i find it very slow moving, you have to keep run pressed the whole time, not anywhere near as fluid or quick moving as quake feels, though the gameplay is fast... maybe its my cheap shit laptop cos the picture is kinda jittery not smooth frames...

Return to “Talk Zone”