Q3A Server

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Q3A Server

Postby Dv8 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:31 am

So seems Quakelive has killed instagib and Ictf .

Ready for the steam roll out and targeted 12 yr olds , we are the collatoral damage .

But is there anyway we as -PIT- Can have our own permanent Q3A server/s seeins as they,ve killed QL ?

Reinstall Quake 3 Arena , point release 1.32 away we go , padman maps etc ? It aint dead yet is it ?

Just putting it out there :?:

borgasm
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby borgasm » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:06 am

Links to download ?

Hopefully the new UT has insta modes or at least fun modes to wreck nooobs on.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:00 pm

come to think of it i dont think Q3A ever had an option for insta or ictf .

only deathmatch or team deathmatch , ctf .

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:14 pm

we played insta last night, Frodo launched a server, played fine...

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:57 pm

kool whew , kplxz launched one said it didnt work ..

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:33 am

insta rocket/rail is fun

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:45 pm

used to be a mod in quake 3 to ' homing rockets' find a wall to take the hit otherwise it just keeps following lol good on dm17 ...

Q3 navy seals was the best , played alot with flesh , damn him :P

and the Padman maps were great , remember the rocket launch in the computer shop :)

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:50 pm

i have all of those maps here somewhere and the mods

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:59 pm

Love the Padman maps.
Mr B burnt every mod & map for me back in the day as I only had a shitty 56k connection.... nothings changed really :lols:
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:09 pm

Padman maps were great , flesh used to kick my a$$ in Q3 Navy seals ,
went to his place and met him , he had an awsome two comp network side by side ..

Gee he used to own me in seals tho , fantastic mod that was , sitting duck when injured , had to bandadge yourself or bleed to death , n while doing so , tying to limp behind cover , were like a duck out of water ,easy pickings , awsome mod tho ...

n figjam lol where they go not around anymore , met figjam to lol , used to be so cocky on the servers then i met him lol , gnome ha . funny as ... nice guy tho in person ...

Yer wish i had a fibre connection to run a permanent server with those maps etc .

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:55 pm

yeah i still got a few pad maps!!! i <3'd the kitchen :D
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:08 pm

also i think this is the map you mentioned Dv8! :)
found this too! haven't actually tried downloading it cause i already have Q3A, cpma, defrag, ufreeze and all that!
Attachments
padshop.pk3
(14.55 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:11 pm

bomba said he was reading about it (no ictf)

i tried, and could not get gaunt+rail to spawn; it would revert to gaunt+mg. I use the import/export function though and I assume the code has changed. importing the settings, and modifying them after didn't work either. I'll test creating from scratch soon.

Yeah frodo had ictf working, but the point is still there that iCTF has been removed from the GUI selection and customise filters. So iCTF only exists via pro accounts I spose?

A fibre host of Q3A sounds like fun; let 4sg etc know and it might become a free for all? :)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:39 pm

I,ll have to see if i still have my Q3A cd somewhere , padshop i think was my best ( in a computer game shop ) with the rocket you could launch , ceiling fan etc , then there was pad garden etc etc ...

I think 4SG run cmpa dont they ?

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:19 pm

pad gallery was cool with all the tittie pics !

Return to “Talk Zone”