Woodstock's sister city - Nimbin Burns

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Woodstock's sister city - Nimbin Burns

Postby Saratoga » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:11 pm

I woke this morning to the sad news that part of the Iconic Village of Nimbin has been destroyed by fire.

A pioneer settlement of the Age of Aquarius, Nimbin is a world renown alternative community which I have enjoyed being a part of for over 30 years.

Buildings & History lost to ash include;

The Rainbow Cafe
The Australian Hemp Musium
The Emporium
Bringabong

Many other buildings are damaged. Many, more business & lives will be altered by this tragedy in such a small, close knit community.

Love, Light & Healing Energy to all affected.
Attachments
Nimbin Burns.jpg
Then-Now.jpg
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

hardy

Re: Woodstock's sister city - Nimbin Burns

Postby hardy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Thats pretty devastating, how could some poor fucker commit arson to a place like nimbin? I have never been up that way but i hear of its histroy sometimes. Didnt think the hippie community would have caused something like this. What did the council do lol ?

Best wishes to the community and the repairs of the town effected

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:50 pm

was it arson??? this is devastating news! feel sorry for the good people of Nimbin. Jays m8 paul works (or maybe owns) the rainbow cafe... :(
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:47 pm

You trying to get me nailed for arson toombsy hah i dont know what it was i was unaware it happened. Time travels a bitch

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:52 pm

Yer, Paul was the owner.
The building complex of 6 shops is owned by a local community, of which Paul is also a shareholder / resident. I nearly purchased a share there a couple years ago.

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:52 pm

whats the scoops Toga, did someone fall asleep and drop the roach or was it arson or some electrical fault?

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:54 am

Yeah what happened? Sad, but allowing for transformation ;)

I reckon they should rebuild them but go hippy crazy; purple and orange flowers all over them etc. Set an example of Aussie Hippy Love, then create the AHL Foundation and spread out lol

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:13 pm

that really isn't a bad idea kplxz :D ;however, it really depends on how well off the residents/shareholders were for cash flow/insurance purposes. what we need to do is start a Nimbin "bucket" fund. ;) raise some cash for the poor guys & gals.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Only from ash's, can the Phoenix rise !

Police & fireies are on record as saying aspects look suss but will take time to determine.

Locals have long know those buildings are not much more than well seasoned timber time bombs from the 1900's-1920's ... combined with electrical wiring almost as old.
My money is on an electrical fault, though im sure any traces of my last roach are well gone...

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Phew! Have you spoken to any of the victims? I'm sure they are in good spirits despite all this... :(

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:57 pm

maybe it should be a bucket bong fund? :D

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:07 am

i implied that with my "bucket" fund! :D was just trying to be subtle... :P

Gubben
Clan Member

Re:

Postby Gubben » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:14 pm

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:23 am

all that matters was we were both on the same page ;)

Return to “Talk Zone”