Ping blowout

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

kanonfoda
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ping blowout

Postby kanonfoda » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Since the last QL update, my in game ping has blown out to high 300's. Needless to say, this is making it even harder to play. Skill level makes it hard, this makes it harder :P

I know my connection has always been crap but this is terrible.

Do any of you guru's know what is going on? Is there some setting I need to change since the update?
For clarity, I'm running XP and have an ADSL connection.

Any help would be appreciated.
Did I just say that?

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:45 pm

I know that after the update prior to this one my ping in Nz went from 60/80 to 180/200 and after about a couple of months returned to normal. I don't know if it was an isolated issue or what. Do you get the same problem from say syd 1 - syd 2 or from either syds to Nz or other?
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Quakes like that now kanon, theres lots of unknown compensation and differences for reasons you would think even unknown to quake itself. Complain to bethesda or zenimax

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Hey guys thanks for the quick replies.

JT I have tried adelaide, sydney, auckland all do the same. When entering the game, I get say 40ms and then after about 3-5 secs, bang, straight up to 380 or so.

Pingplotter to the servers report 30-50, so it appears to be an in game problem.

Silly question H, but how do I complain to bethesda or zenimax? I know nothing of this sort of thing :(
Did I just say that?

hardy

Postby hardy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:37 pm

oh you just send a complaint from quakelive.com and account or game settings and submit a form request, they probably wont get back to you

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:10 am

A good idea would be to post a link to this topic on 4sg. Allot more foot traffic there and perhaps a better chance of someone having the same problem. I will ask around though and see ifanyone else is having this problem...
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:55 am

Out of curiosity, does typing "net_restart" into console do aynthing? Try it like 10 times to see

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks, ink but it didn't make a difference. I'm now trying to work out how to remove the patch to re-install it like togs said to see if that works.
Did I just say that?

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:48 pm

You might want to try a backup of you hard disk and a reinstall of win xp and then install quake on a fresh system however i have a feeling it still wont fix the problem. Some people suffer the same issue as you a fair bit then it goes away and others get it its weird. no idea what it is

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:13 pm

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:29 pm

If it turns out to be a routing issue, this might be a fix to get a new IP with a new subnet.

crooGz
Clan Member

Re:

Postby crooGz » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:18 pm

hardy

Re: Re:

Postby hardy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:35 pm

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:08 pm

i dont have any ping issues but i am still having a problem with maps, mainly on reg ctf, it keeps needing to download the map, say jap castles for example, and it downloads 5.19 of 5.20mb and the last mb it will take an hour to download and then it still isnt downloaded and it has to start all over again... like wtf is going on? is anyone else experiencing this?

kplxz

Re: Ping blowout

Postby kplxz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:41 pm

@gubs - that sounds like a local problem to me. maybe files were corrupted during the upgrade. a reinstall doesn't take too long..

@kanon - that routing information is important for sure. if you run speed tests (torrent maxout/test websites) and your speed is ok, then your ISP could well be the prob.

i've had lag spike problems for a little while now, and after testing my 6 month old logitech g400s, i found it was the culprit. i was convinced it was my ISP or modem or windows or anything but my new mouse pfft. ima mouse killa :P

Return to “Talk Zone”