Almost finished my new gate

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
borgasm
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Almost finished my new gate

Postby borgasm » Fri May 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Woo! Almost finished my new gate. Made by myself with a couple of mates helping at various stages. Still a couple of tidy up things to do (routing edges, adding the latch and handles, a little bit more bracing)

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Fri May 09, 2014 5:18 pm

wow mate thats a sexy looking gate!!! how long did that take ya? nice work man :D :thumbsup:
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri May 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Spiffy, how much did all that set you back? What type of wood did you use?

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Fri May 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Took me way too long because I wasnt organised and I suck at welding :) Probably about 2.5 months of occasional work. I had to build somehitng to keep the Blue Heeler in as she would jump the previous gate. Thought I'd fancy things up a notch or two.

The wood is called Keketong. Lots of variation in it and very hard wood so it should last a while. The stell bits were laying around in the yard, hinges and latches cost about $120, the wood was around $500, $60 for screws and the brass bits were $110 and I have a lot of brass left over as I had to buy it in a ertain size. I'll use it on other projects tho. So all up about $750 for a 4.9 meter x 1.85m gate and surround.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Nice work !

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sat May 10, 2014 6:56 am

Nice work man... been hanging to do some more woodwork.
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sat May 10, 2014 7:01 am

yeah couldn't agree more! there something therapeutic about woodwork... :)
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Sat May 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Thanks guys. I like how easy it is to shape and join when wood working, but how complex it can be to make things fit right and look good. a simple, yet advanced skill all at the same time.

Ive added in the rest of the bracing and pulled off the last few bits that need an oiling. I will finish that tomorrow morning, then put the last coat on all the wood tomorrow afternoon. Then latches and its all done. what i thought was a 3 week process turned into 3 months, but im happy with the outcome, and the dog cant jump it anymore so Mission Success!

hardy

Postby hardy » Sat May 10, 2014 11:17 pm

That's a nice looking gate you made borgy.

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun May 11, 2014 7:25 am

nice work
the setting sun , looks cool

Return to “Talk Zone”