Gold Prospecting

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Gold Prospecting

Postby Dv8 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Anybody got any idea's or used any decent "budget" Metal Detectors $200-300 only atm ...

Got some local mines i wanna check out and head another spot i know ..

Couple im looking at cheap , reviews r ok , but does anybody use them or had any luck with them ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300945268052 ... 564wt_1124

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fisher-F2-Me ... 27df73d242

I know minelabs the best if you got the $

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:51 pm

good luck..

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Dibs on any meteorites!

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:47 am

Gold snoop seems the best budget detector , gota head back to where i found some gold before , ive given away about 5 meteorites allready :-/

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:16 pm

are you thinking about refining the gold yourself dv8?
if you are, look into the refining process, cause it involves some pretty srs fucking chemicals and i'm pretty sure you have to have some sort of permit to buy said chemicals.

heres a thread i found about it, finally talks some sense as you get further down.
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:44 pm

No not refining it myself , looking for alluvial Nuggets , and doing some test pans in a few creeks , also a few shafts i know of if you look down the water at the bottom is just glowing gold , these are old abandond mining shafts that countless rains have now washed the gold to the bottom , me and a mate are now examning a (safe) way to get me to the bottom , probably winch , but still very risky ,very , but were gonna have a look , theres a shit load of gold at the bottom , im guesing an ounce ot two at the bottom of every shaft . but if i aint comfortable going down 50-100 feet with just a rock climing robe , harness and winch it will have to stay there lol

Watched countless Gold mining doco's think i know enough now to find it ...

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:47 pm

yeah man, sounds like scary shit. you just dont know how stable the shafts are. if you do decide to take the plunge be safe hey. :)

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Make sure your life insurance is up to date? Are you sneaking in? or is this legitimate?

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:46 pm

My folks bought one ages ago DV, but i dont think they ever really used it. I played with it for a bit and seemed pretty decent in being able to detect (and tell you about) different types of metals underground.

I also have plenty of caving experience and a 60 meter rope if you need help getting to the bottom of a shaft :D

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:59 pm

new name: Borgchasm :P

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:57 pm

been caving since I was 12 (now 31) and been around WA, SA and Tas caving. lots of vertical skills under my belt which comes in handy at times. I do cave surveying as well and draw cave maps, although its been awhile since I have done them.

Although I still giggle when I go down a 'virgin passage' (section of cave noone else has been in before)

Dv8
Clan Member

Re:

Postby Dv8 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:27 pm

So borgs 100 mtr shaft , harness , winch ? should be fairly stable :-/ ?

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:42 pm

stable enough if your considered unstable :P

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Lol , the Golds there tho lol , have to be comfortable before i risked it tho , maybe there's a reason its still there , but there's plenty of gold mines around where i live , mined in the 1800's So plenty still there ...

Thinking an ounce down every shaft , every second shaft , Possibly a Sh*tload if they branch of and puddles have formed along the shafts , more worried about it being cold , if i go down i,ll strap a camera to my head tho - could do two shafts a day = $3000 per day , Maybe death or injury , hmm , i likes me risks tho :lol:

Anyways wont be till after Winter , only going for a look in May , Let the rains pass before we even contemplate it ...

Prob Oct/Nov if we decide to give it a whirl ...

Return to “Talk Zone”