Running

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:57 am

I have tried to run I just hate it so much! I have a 5km half road half dirt course I regularly do on my mountain bike. It's good fun just try and beat my time each time. Also you guys running if ya have a smart phone and don't know about it, get onto strava. It's great for setting PB's and it also ranks you against other runners/riders if you are running in a frequently run area.

booGz
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby booGz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:32 am

I'm using mapmyrun for that. But I'll check it out.
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:28 am

ah haven't heard of that one prob does the same thing. also strava maps what you do aswell

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:03 pm

I dont need to know how bad im doing thanx :D

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:53 pm

gotta start somewhere mate! and when (over time) you can see results graphed in front of you for where you were and where you are now motivation only gets stronger :D

well that's how it works for me :P

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:13 pm

i have a mountain bike ride i do if i dont run, it meanders for a kilometre or so on fairly even ground, then it goes up, and unlike swiss mountain roads which consist of switchbacks up and down the mountains, this just goes straight up (of course in northern nsw we dont have to worry about slippage due to snow so we can afford a steeper pitch) but to ride a bike up it, becomes a challenge. Balance in particular as once you get pretty slow and have to hump over rocks and stubble, its easy to lose grip and youre down, then its practically impossible to carry on cos you cant push off, uphill.... I do this as a run too, but the downhill back is pretty harsh on my knees... rolling down on two wheels is much more agreeable....!

thekfiish

Postby thekfiish » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:27 pm

i havent done any serious running in so long.. currently into the whole lifting weights scene. both feel so good once you finish your session but i do recall that every time i finish running i feel crazy healthy.

keep up the good work!

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:21 am

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Anyone use any apps that augment your running with any regularity?

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:54 pm

I was talking with a guy at work who has an app that something like a zombie story (not sure exactly)... is that what your talking about?

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Yeah, it's called something like "Zombies, Run!" or a variation thereof. Also stuff like Runtastic...

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:54 pm

Thinking about music though, but the thought of wearing earbuds is not very appealing... it's supposed to help though...

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:10 pm

i cant run with music, to me its a distraction, my mind listens to my breathing, which goes in time with my footsteps and i take in the sounds around me ... each to their own though...

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:19 pm

Tomorrow is run day :)

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Glhf man. Got your =PiT= running gear ready?

Return to “Talk Zone”