hey to the old crew

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

target
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

hey to the old crew

Postby target » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:52 am

Hey to any of the old ones from my day here.

Just to touch base I ended up bailing on Australia and made the move to Thailand as I was there and indo a lot any way. So been living in Bangkok now 6 months just chillen. Sold up the dive business I started in Australia with half of you guys all making logo's and helping with websites and ideas and so on hahaha

Got out of it as greenies were closing down so much remote coral sea where I take customers spearing dog tooth tuna. So while business was going well I pulled the pin and cleared out. So now kicking back in BKK and looking at maybe setting up a gym here or something not 100% yet.

Not bad over here very friendly place and cheap and it feels good being here. BKK can get busy as f**k but so sometimes instead of driving you jump on the back of a scooter taxi. You get no helmet and they go through traffic warp f**ken speed and sometimes you shit bad hahaha Have had my bike taxi come close to getting hit by a car twice now. I tell them these days slow down if they are bad and I will tip them hahah Trains and cars are the way but the bike taxi's are just so quick and when late I cant help but get one and then regret it later hahah

I am doing a couple hours a week now learning to talk and write thai to help with things here. Just like when we are in Oz and say that f**ken people that live here should speak English so now its my turn to learn their language haha hard as hell to might I add but Im getting there. The Thai treat me very well when they see you make a effort to talk their language.

Apart from that I just train at gym and relax haha so been lazy since I have been here but will get into something soon.

If leon is still about here and always laughed at my lazy shit spelling and gramma tell him its getting worse now I am doing thai hahaha

well catch you guys about, I wont say ladies as in our day there was only randy (MANDY) but me and mikey always thought she was a dude anyway hahahah

Hello to the new names around here I see posting :-)

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Hey Target good to hear from you , gee learning thai that would be a hard task i reckon , thinking about learning guitar myself just to challenge myself , good to get out of ya comfort zone occasionally .
Getting back into training myself after 4 yrs off , surprized tho , muscle memory , it takes aloong time to lose that muscle , so i surprized myself how fit i am considering .

Stay well :D

target
Clan Member

Re: hey to the old crew

Postby target » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:33 am

hey dv8,

Yeh muscle memory is great, I am a true believer in it. 20 years on and off bodybuilding and yeh it comes back so fast once you have had muscle before. Strength and all that comes back quick once you get over the pain.
I did a little guitar back in the day, only really new house of the rising sun lol gave up to lazy lol
done a few languages in my day when younger, indo, Japanese, german but they were all work driven and for women so I was keen lol

thai is hard, I can be remote without anyone now and survive as in eat and directions and help and basic living. Still cant sit down to a full on chat they leave me head f**ked if they try lol I will keep at it but.

With guitar just practise those solo's like a rock star and you be right lol

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:01 pm

lol guitar will be from scratch , tried yrs ago , could play the ol smoke on the water .

Yer ive trained on and off to , takes aloong time to lose that muscle , but its good when you know
how to train properly ie , train less for greater results , even at 48 im fitter than most my age , even my
cardio's not to bad i run/walk 24-30 kms per week , weight train inbetween .
Still would be good to get some hormone replacement to help a bit , take my levels back to a 25-30 yr old ,
either way gotta keep moving otherwise we sieze up :P

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:15 pm

> www.ultimate-guitar.com/ < go here and learn how to read tabs. tabs r really easy to learn a song from!
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Look into Rocksmith as well, just need an electric guitar and a PC/Xbox/PS3

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:31 pm

thanx jtoombsy , got a guitar lined up and amp from my daughter that gave it away , cheers ink

will be starting a complete beginner :roll:

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:27 pm

It's sort of like Guitar Hero but actually teaches you how to play songs... workmate has it. Says it's awesome.

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:10 am

yeah i want to get it now i got my semi-acoustic washburn sex with strings guitar!!! :D
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:48 pm

hey man
goot to see ur still kicken !

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Downloading Rocksmith now ...

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:55 pm

I might look into it myself, my acoustic has a pickup, just need a lead.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:08 pm

actually forget the download lol ebay has it for 100 with the lead ...pickup guitar this arvo

target
Clan Member

Re: hey to the old crew

Postby target » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Hey scumbag how ya going? Your fishing rods in the other thread look great.
Well I try hang about here little more but since last post I headed up north of Bangkok. I built a house 3 hours north in remote area only thais here so I can get away drom the city sometimes p I us misses family is up this way. Only been usen phone Internet but and hate typen on it. Later will sort something. Well back to bangkok in few days catch use then.

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:52 pm

See if you have the right gear to tether your phone to your computer? Might make typing a little more fun.

Return to “Talk Zone”