Was Jesus an invention by the Romans?

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Gubben
Clan Member

Was Jesus an invention by the Romans?

Postby Gubben » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:46 am

Apparently newly discovered documents, to be presented in England this weekend, show that Jesus was an invention by the Romans to counter unrest across the empire. WIthout this turning into a witch hunt, thoughts?

link: http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:30 pm

well my thoughts are that this guy,s theory is in fact rejected by most scholar's and academics .
The Romans did in fact adopt christianity only after so many romans became christian that government members themselves were becomming christian , then was born the roman catholic church , Gladiator games ceased eventually .(u think the romans would stop the games they loved to adopt christianity ?) Christianity was becomming a huge influence for the romans to deal with , the romans had a god for everything and they loved every one of them ....

They didnt make up jesus , four or more historians at the time attest to jesus, pontius pilot who serverd under tiberius , and minted a coin to mark the crucifiction of jesus , actually 4 coins were minted , this was about six emporers before vespasian and titus who this atwil claims made up jesus .

Have a look at Rome at the time of Christ , they had many gods and christianity went under the radar because the christinas had one and they were a peacefull poeple , Rome to Contrast was brutal , brutal to christians to , i cant see this guys so called documents proving anything Plausible , Rome was Rome , religious , brutal and romes historians like josephus were told by emporers like Titus to make the account of any wars look better for ppl like Titus from a historical viewpoint , so they would have a war then Titus would tell Josephus " this is how it was but this is what i want you to record " (check the history) all the Emperors did this . This guys claims just dont gel .

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:34 pm

If i had to have a title put on me i would say i am agnostic however i do believe that there is a universal god (everything that is and always was) As far as anything being credible that comes from scholars and academics now days i would have to say most of it is regurgetated rubbish that is passed down and on to the people who wish to study it. Same old story that these people are paid good money to keep alive. It's time for the truth or a different concept to be heard and supported. Jesus - what a perfect mechanism for mass control of those who wish to believe he exists.

Be interesting to see what comes out of this. There are going to be alot of people that surely do not want to hear such claims.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:07 pm

nothing will come out of it hardy , not being smart or anything but it just doesnt make sense , there is no evidence of jesus as in physical evidence but a few different historians of the time attest to jesus of nazareth , pontius pilot 7 emporers before as i said titus/vespasian who are likely the ones to have made this up , pilot crusified jesus aknowleged he said he was king of the jews , minted 4 coins to acknowledge the interest in him . then vespasian claims to have made him up ?

and of the point no physical evidence of jesus , doesnt matter a bit ???
Because the Romans recorded they Crucified Thousands upon Thousands upon Thousands of poeple and there was never any physical evidence until one fragment of bone was found attached to a nail .
http://cojs.org/cojswiki/Crucifixion_Bo ... ent,_21_CE

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Friggin knew I should have grabbed that nail...
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:54 pm

ha

kplxz

Re: Was Jesus an invention by the Romans?

Postby kplxz » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Come on gubs...sorry but common sense reveals Joshua Emmanuel (known as Jesus) was a real person.

If we doubt Jesus was a real person then all the historial records about Ceasar, Cleopatra, et all mean then that they also were not real.

For example. The four kings. If you research the history from these independant places, each area has their own records of this occurring. Four well known wise kings, kings who were the good type and not forgotten, were wise enough to know what was happening and travelled sans Lamborghini across the planet to find him. This along with so many, many obvious historical facts show he was a real person.

Alas our own selves like to play tricks on us, and without any faith in things we cannot see (more to the point faith in things we can only see!) it is easy for us to become confused and have no base so to speak. Energy exists. We cannot see it. It's in the history books. Is it real though?

It's called waking up because the before and after pictures are just like that. Before we are asleep. We think we are only physical/material things. Then we slowly wake up to realise we are part of a bigger thing based in energy. It's the same type of journey as growing from a baby to an adult. It is huge; only thing is...this is bigger.

Gaming forum threads...lol

:)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:17 pm

that was my point , im open minded but i know a fair bit now about Rome i guess than the average person , only because im so frikkin obsessed with History , especially Rome / Egypt .

Theres enough around on Rome to know how there mindset/lifestyle was to know that emperors especially the flavians were very capable of assuming they could claim credit for jesus .
Some emperors were assasinated because of there ridiculas claims , Caligula , Nero in particular , some were right nutters .

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:33 am

kplxz

Re: Was Jesus an invention by the Romans?

Postby kplxz » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:38 pm

A street level explanation...yes he thinks it's not a nefarious place but he's innocent :)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:47 pm

on the 19th the proof on the 21st still nothing on the news ?

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:13 pm

oh FOR FUCK SAKE ................................ cant you remember the last religious thread ?!

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:16 pm

and yes gubben , he was a figment of some crack heads imagination !
the ultimate illusion that has fooled millions / billions of people !
the bible is a fictious book written by fuckers with second hand info years after the fact !

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:24 pm

scummy is in da house
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:47 pm

^^^ lol

Look i think i'd like to hear what the dood has to say, for sure there will be a lot of arms up in the air over this, but the bit i read seemed to make sense that the myth of Joshua (whoever it was ic3), had some political purpose, which seems to have endured somewhat... though the intended purpose of peace in the empire does not seem to have been accomplished...

Return to “Talk Zone”