Was Jesus an invention by the Romans?

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

kplxz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kplxz » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:28 pm

Imbolc
1 Feb Spring Equinox Wed Mar 20 11:02 GMT Thu Mar 20 16:57 GMT
Beltane
1 May Summer Solstice Fri Jun 21 6:04 BST Sat Jun 21 11:51 BST
Lughnasadh
1 Aug Autumn Equinox Sun Sep 22 21:44 BST Tue Sep 23 3:29 BST
Samhain
31 Oct Winter Solstice Sat Dec 21 17:11 GMT Sun Dec 21 23:03 GMT

In the old days...Samhain was a celebration of the passing of one year to another. This was marked by the shortest day of the year. The idea was that the old candle was being extinguished and it's light being passed on to the new, young candle. Some areas even feared that the sun would not spark back up for Spring.The young buck and other symbology is used here. So, they'd light a fire on this night (or roundabouts), and do their best to be reverent and blow out a canlde after it has lit another. Then they try and be all holy and say thanks to the universe. It's not a big deal unless you're in the higher systems.

Really though, I think way too many people have opinions on paganism, witchcraft, etc without having enough theoretical or practical experience. Paganism was the system in use by most "westerners" of today for hundreds of years. In comparison to other cultures that were known for child sacrifice and then disappearing of the face of the planet, the fact that paganism was a "nature worshipping" thing that was taken over by the Romans/corrupt clergy/money changers...

Anyway. Paganism was just the way we used to live and show appreciation to the world for feeding and sheltering us. Yes, it had higher and higher systems above it, e.g. Wicca, Druidism, etc...but that's like saying a public servant could one day be a minister. So what?

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:18 am

good point sifz , guns dont kill poeple , poeple do as with religion , what did jesus say "out side u act like sheep but inside u are ravenous wolves "and " ppl that claim to follow christ but inside are evil are worse than those who dont know christ "
meaning if u preach god but really you live a lie , your worse off than a non-believer .

"wtf does it matter as long as we are good to each other."

best point ive seen in all these religous threads , i hate being labeled a frikkin wackjob because i dont believe all the beutty in the world happend from evolution .

anyway lets not get into another heated "Epic" religous debate , lets stay on topic .
Topic was an ancient confesion "we made up jesus "from the romans . atwill has not provided anything of interest for it to be news .

Jesus made up to pacify the crowd ? The Roman idea of social engineering was to plant a legionary fortress, or retire a bunch of legionaries, into an area that they wanted to pacify not invent jesus , they were brutal in there dominance , and brutal in the death of jesus ...and all crusifictions ...

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:49 pm

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:21 pm

"Yet the thing to talk about while all this is going on is Jesus might not be real"

I totally understand why ppl are talking about it , it would be the biggest sham in history if jesus wasnt real , i can even see how poeple could believe the romans to take credit for jesus , they took everything and took credit for everything , but there would be so many documents "leaked" and found same as the dead sea scolls trying to expose the Romans for "Inventing" jesus ? imo ...

they have found heaps from that time as in Roman soldier Journals etc
here one from julius ceaser http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5921 ... st_of_Gaul
http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/jcsr/ you would think that something of atwill claims would have surfaced .

kplxz

Re: Was Jesus an invention by the Romans?

Postby kplxz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Fair call dv

Without Jesus that would mean all the Christians could act like everyone else.

Cool. More corruption, more dishonesty, more chaos. Just what the doctor ordered. Now...where did I put that sword and my surface to air missile collection I haz some things to do...

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Without the comming of jesus christianity fails , the whole old testament points to the birth of christ , the new testament about his ministry , sacrifice and second comming , its the reason the bible was written .

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:09 pm

sifz, when 'people' are indoctrinated by religion (as many are as children, due to their family's customs and upbringing), and poiticians use religion and people to further control social norms, then religion has as much to answer for as do 'people' because there are no checks and balances in place, for something that has such sway over humanity (whichever viewpoint you hold or observe), to correct the miscreances of said humanity (eg if 'God' did actually answer prayers by those in poverty and destitution). Religion is people and people are religion. If there were no people there would be no religion. There would be just is-ness. People and religion are two sides of the same coin, you cant have one without the other.

hardy

Postby hardy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:21 am

Extremely interesting article. Religion related

You'll like this one gubs :)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:22 pm

im not gonna read all of it but gleaned this in one of the paragraphs about the bible

"Most people don’t realize that the Bible is a doomsday book and Christians are a death worshiping cult"

that is just plain BS sry hardy , the bible tells of gods purpose for humanity for eternity , to "Live"forever , thats what gets me ppl make claims about a book and they have no idea what they are talking about .
The bible does say there will be and end to wickedness and wicked ppl , so that a new world will prevail of real peace , for eternity , so what this guy just said is just contrary to the bibles message .

Im sick of religous debates when ppl like atwill claim this and claim that , mislead ppl so they dont look at the bible ....
Well guess satan is doing his job ;-/

and i hate being labeled (stereotyped) a nutjob because ppl assume i believe some bs from the past without bothering to give the evidence a damn good hammering , then ppl say oh u believe in a "doomsday" book and worship the dead because of your beliefs ?
Sorry i hate religous debates but feel i have to stand up for the bible if the claims are ridiculas and just outright lies .

Not saying anybody here thinks im a nutjob ?

i think i think i think im ok !

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 pm

I think your safe Dv8... pretty sure ive got the title 'nutjob' all sown up :P
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:19 pm

ha , but i like "nutjob" , maybe a PiT corner for nutjobs ?

nominate someone or nominate yourself a nutjob if in need of PiT therapy ? :naughty:

hardy

Postby hardy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Yeah thats cool John, i can understand why you would think it is bs. I am merely just posting different points of view to create more discussion. Happy to post pro bible stuff too. At the end of the day im agnostic so im open to all the possibilities. The biggest downfall of now is all the mythical information we have present day has been so recycled.

What once may have been a true believable story has been told so many times down the chain to what we hear today. I enjoy sitting on the sidelines, reading everything and just being open to the possibilitys.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:57 am

Its just the bible has one message , its religions that tend to disregard what it says in favour of tradition .
The bible even says that these ppl follow traditions of men not the bible , i do know something on the subject and feel theres enough misinformation out there , which only confuses ppl to the point that nothing seems reliable .

Im open to hardy , but when i know the bible says this and atheists say it says the opposite just as an attack on christians to try to discredit all religion (not saying u did that) but like atwill most atheist schollars dont think much of atwill a self proclaimed bible schollar , but ppl read that article and they think well religion is bad , this information shows it to be a fraud so end of story .
Thing is the bible calls satan the father of the lie and the great deciever trying to mislead even the chosen ones , its a spiritual fight its all in the bible .
as far as indoctrination go,s arnt we all indoctrinated in school ? we see articles like this then we see the "evidence" on evolution when if u look at the evidence scientists claim we come from apes from a (handfull) of bones ie a partial jaw bone is enough for them to put it into the "family" tree .

Maybe christians arnt the ones being decieved ?

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:39 am

wouldnt u rather me to be :-

"I LUB MY PIT BROTHERS"

or

"U BUNCH OF HAXING F@#KERS"

yer im a pit brother but a 1%er FTW :-D

have to be a nutjob for that to make sense ! edit

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:22 pm

... m8 ... only 1%er nutjobs allowed in PiT ...
Thats why wi so l337 :D
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Return to “Talk Zone”