Was Jesus an invention by the Romans?

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:43 pm

Gubben ive seen the doco , i said so from the start , most scholloars disagree , tell me something i dont know , please ....

Are you actually saying gubben that you posted this thread about atwills claims and yes his documentary ceasers messiah but didnt actually watch it ? So what was your intention ? Becuase if you had,ve researched it or even actually watched it you would know its bs , but no , you post then leave without even reseaching , now 30 pages later your saying watch the doco that i mentioned on page two , which i have watched about a year ago then you say i poo-ed , maybe research before you post dribble that you have no idea about , because the fact is other historians attest to jesus , fact is other schollars take no notice of atwills ludicrous claims then you tell me i poo-ed lol @ that ...

many other scholars' BS , misleading comment ...
Many non-roman historians wright about jesus but u still want to talk about this fools claims lol really , do some research , then this post would have died on page one rather than turning into an attack on christianity

his claims are bs ..your still going on that jesus didnt exist ?

Go back to page 2 gubben , hes the same fool that you posted his theory on , then research what other schoolars say about him before posting such dribble , i watched that doco a yr ago , did you read my reply or just post then leave ?

And no life doesnt just spawn , if i poo-ed becuase im smart enough to know that no matter what the circumstances life will never ever spawn then a dickhead i am , minority on this thread and god im proud of it to , that i actually have taken the time and effort to research and look at all things before comming to such an important conclusion about life , rather than saying , "thats totally it outer" no its not totally it , thats a fairy tale to think that life spawns and civilizations have been consumed by the earth crust and new civilizations just spawn , just add sunlight and water , lol i poo-ed , no bloody wonder .

watch whatever doco's you,s want to " tickle your ears " ( yer thats a bible quote )

The guys a fool ....(atwill) at least ive actually watched the doco , ppl here need to do some research on some subjects before they call me naive .
Last edited by Dv8 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

INKoRP

Re:

Postby INKoRP » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Ink mate if you think you can mix as many chemicals as you like and spawn life , well congrats .

You have a majority backing u here mate , doesnt make those ludiscrous claims true my friend , lol frankenstein is a fairy tale and thats with doctors and biologists knowing what there doing , but u reckon blind chance has done better .

Agree to disagree .

Leave you,s to fight amongst yoursleves , this is laughable ...

hardy

Postby hardy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Your onto it ink. It's infinite isn't it :) The picture is far greater than we can comprehend.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:34 pm

Settle down Dv. I was posting the film for others to see. You already know it all, you have clarified that. I know you've seen it, the clue to me knowing that is i said you poo-hoo-ed it.

Sorry again for my lack of forum posting etiquette, i didnt realise that when i see an article i find interesting, to share it, i have to undertake 10 years of research first so that i can prove everything that is being put forward as a theory before i can post it on said forum for you to approve it.

You can only truly understand your own reality, anything else is a mystery and a theory. No matter what you think, others will see it differently and thats fine (its also proof of the kaleidoscope that life is). Agree to disagree, thats a good idea.

Gubben
Clan Member

Re:

Postby Gubben » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:40 pm

hardy

Re: Re:

Postby hardy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:16 pm

"Settle down Dv"

"You already know it all"

"for you to approve it."

"patronising, oops, I said it again "

"Here is the documentary which explores his and many other scholars' study of the period"

Im glad you found it interesting , now maybe look at some facts , you posted this guys theories of the bat and you find this guys film interesting , really ?
Maybe look at some documenteries about actuall facts , you quickly jumped on the bandwagon , saying "look i,d like to hear what this guy has to say"

With absolutely no knowledge of rome , the ceasers or other historical accounts of jesus , quite simply ppl are very quick to try to disprove the bible with false claims as this was , then 30 pages later you post the video (ceasers messiah) , how can you claim to learn anything about atwills claims without any knowledge of rome at the time or the emporers .

Misleading the ppl that are reading this post , you obviously dont believe in God or jesus so it was a blind attack on christianity with false claims , then you tell me to settle down .
I would if it wasnt a misleading attack on disproving jesus and christianity , i deal with facts , just because you havent done the research you say , oh it makes alot of sense that the romans could invent jesus to subdue the crowd , when it was a completely false claim .

No u dont have to research anything , but why post something when every historian believes jesus lived and ever credible schollar thinks atwill is a twit , then you say the documentary is interesting , that go's to show your lack of knowledge and ignorance , yes ppl watch the doco , i did , but dont take one guys claims as having any truth whatsoever when historical fact says the opposite .

LOL and its not my reality , ive actually looked at it , which most here seems havent , so when you know about rome and the ceasers , when u know whats involved with the process of getting the building blocks of life to build even the simplest cell from nothing , then you can say settle down u know nothing .

But yer i take offence when i get told to settle down while your promoting complete fairy tales such as atwill and his rediculous claims , if ppl are smart yes they,ll make there own minds up after looking at all the information , which i can tell you from experience is exhausting and takes years . But to say i think i know it all because im staunch in my believes is condesending when at least ive done the hard yards , not just saying oh this makes sense .

I said right of the bat there would be no proof because ive allready exhaustingly looked hard into the claim , then you tell me ) i know everything and to settle down) .

I dont care what you,s beleive and i dont care for this conversation , what i care about is misleading BS that has been posted , no dont research it but at least know what you are talking about .

Sry take offense to bein told to settle down , when jesus actually lived which is a fact but yet you believe the earth just spawns life and civilizations have possibly gone before , the crust will regenerate new life ,(and u meant a new intelligent species like man , lets not be mistaken) not even scientists believe that yet you tell me to settle down .

Its almost like (laugh at the christian) allthough i DGAF , but u make a comment then leave us to it , then it quitens down then you pop another cherry in , why are you so interested in atwills claims ? why are you so concerened or hope that jesus is proven a fake ?
I guess like most , that they worry a little bit shit what if it is in fact true ? But its the reason ppl turn away from god because of rediculous claims that leave doubts in ppls minds even if its a complete lie , yer and i,ll defend it everytime when i have researched the facts .

Yes the only way is to agree to disagree

GLHF

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:51 pm

Dv you're taking this far too personally. Its not about you. Your need to defend this subject to the death is your own trip. You getting upset is not my fault. You dont have to agree or disagree. If i or anyone else puts forth a view to discuss and wants to explore the concept without fear of being incorrect by your reckoning, then we should be able to do so. Its not your job to get upset if others' imaginations dont co-incide with your sense of the big picture. Its not my fault the availability of my time to spend researching on the web isnt sufficient to assuage your fist clenching that my understanding of Rome, the Caesars and the bible is from Looney Tunes and i should be committed. ffs

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:21 am

Um gubben your assumption if you wanna call it that was a direct go at me , saying " you allready know it all " And ppl need accurate information , your telling everybody here , that atwill and "many other scholars' " was outright misleading . And saying asif i have to approve your posts , i dont care what you post but if ppl post absolute falsehoods about jesus or the romans that yes i know about , and you claim "many other schollars agree" yes i,ll say something , and dont expect to be told "oh Dv8 Knows it all , he has all the answers , take it personally ? Lies are misleading , this guys claims are outright lies and you are promoting it without knowledge , then you tell me settle down we allready know u know everything.

I was pretty much saying your post was misleading , because no many other scholloars do not accept atwills claims , but you say they do , then you tell me to settle down and condesend me by sayin " i know it all " Yer i do know that your post was misleading , i also know that your claim that many other scholloars agree is also misleading , without fact , then when i call you out on it , you tell me to settle down and dont take it personally .

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Dude, im not promoting anything other than discussion. If i knew it all then i wouldnt try to discuss it here. I posted the original question because i found it interesting. If that clashes with your sense of christianity, thats your problem. If you feel you have to defend it so fiercely, thats your choice. You do come across as knowing it all and you bully anyone elses thoughts out of the discussion. Bravo to you if you have studied a book to the degree you have. Life however is a universal thing, we dont need to have read the bible to be able to discuss it or have an opinion. I have never claimed to know about the bible. I rejected religion when i was a kid after forced sunday school. Nothing i put forth was a direct go at you (aside from the patronising chide) but you have taken it upon yourself to be god's defender on this forum. Your choice. Dont get bent out of shape if that is remarked upon. If you fly with the crows expect to get shot at. Many would call what you believe fairy tales. So calling what i have proposed fairy tales is the pot calling the kettle black. For someone who agrees to disagree, you sure as hell disagree alot.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Blurry forum eyes just read the thread list as ;

Was Jesus spotted on Mars ?
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

hardy

Postby hardy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Lol Toga :)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:38 pm

"If that clashes with your sense of christianity, thats your problem."

No , it clashes with facts , what you found interesting was deception .

"studied a book to the degree you have"
Lol , no not just the bible , the answers arnt just in the bible , history gubben history , historians attest that jesus lived , maybe look at some facts , yer i dont even need a bible i pretty much know every word , thats old news , what about rome ? Archeology ?
Evolution ? Ive taken the time to look at all of it in enough depth to arrive at my conclusion , my family makes me laugh as do alot of ppl who believe in evolution , no-body has no idea whats involved for the building blocks of life to miraculously build a single cell , but they still claim to believe in it , thats fine , but god to say life just spawns becuase the conditions are right is a joke , hell i,d rather believe in Aliens , yet you said , the earth if we get wiped out will produce another species of intelligent beings , saying other civilizations have probably come and gone before (and u wernt talking about egyptions etc) u were talking about other inteligent human like species (earths crust rinse and repeat) really ? If you believe that u indeed need to do some reading or something because my 14 yr old daughter knows that that is impossible .
I wouldnt sound so adament if the claims ive heard on this thread are so ridiculously ludicrous , yet gods a fairy tale .... :|

I havent bullied anybody here , please provide an example .

Yes ppl believe god a fairy tale , that not what i get bent out of shape about , what annoys me is ppl saying "other shollars "agree with atwill , when the fact is other schollars believe atwill a twit , so this whole post has been the subject of lies , which you happily post becaue you dont believe in jesus or god , yes i get defensive when ppl believe or post something without no knowledge on the facts whatsoever .

Unfortunately for you theories or your agreement on this subject i was allready well aware of atwill , his documentary (Ceasers messiah) yet you say u find it interesting , what exactly did you find interesting ? You found lies interesting ? Yes i know a damn lot about rome , the ceasers , the bible , evolution , moreso than anybody here , shit there i said it , not to bully ppl , becuase i found "what is the purpose of life "the most important question to answer , so when you said "look i,d like to know what this dude has to say" i found that very naive in that you know nothing about jesus or rome yet you,d love to hear anything that discredits " religion"

I said about the documentary on page two , seen it ages ago , easily discredited so i bluntly said it , why let ppl be mislead with your assumptions when they are a complete lie . I,ve done the research gubben , so im replying to your questions , No atwills claims have no backing by schollars , yes jesus lived , im sorry if you dont like hearing the facts , just so happens what you posted i allready have done it to death .
But i dislike religion in that it turns ppl away from the facts , i dislike ppl posting lies because it turns ppl away from facts .

The fact being jesus lived , Gods, defender? whatever , ppl need to make there own mind up about that , but its a bit hard when ppl are posting BS that jesus didnt exist therefore turn away from maybe believing in god because someone posts something that even they dont know what the facts are ..
Last edited by Dv8 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Agree to disagree. Nuff said.

Return to “Talk Zone”