Was Jesus an invention by the Romans?

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:54 am

Just checking in for blood stains, full content lions, fallen christians... ow, and ive lost my spec's...
All good, carry on :P
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:08 pm

yeah gubbs had no idea of what he would start :P
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:06 am

I think I'll step off this crazy train. glhf :D

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Toga lol , your a good moderator , i think its good we at pit can have aheated discussion and still respect each other at the end of it .

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:43 pm

We are the most self-centered generation ever .

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/26/opini ... ?hpt=hp_c1

so as each year go,s by we get worse , what will be the end game of where were headed ?

2 timothy 3 :-

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Does not that describe the world we live in today ?
I,d like to say that i dont see prophecy happening , but i do , not just one prophecy but several things happening .

Like i said i dont see this utopia of sitting back and robots doing all the dirty work and us sitting back enjoying the fruits of there labour as being the future we had hoped for , i see each generation getting worse i see comming food shortages and wars because of it , population growth , rogue nations , i can see that the bible may be correct in its predictions of where man is heading .

yes the thread is dead , i may be labelled crazy , but with population explosion and not enough farm land to feed everybody its easy to see why someone would be curious about biblical predictions .
Last edited by Dv8 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:43 pm

ooops delete delete delete , dont take no notice of me ;-/

shudup Dv8.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Wow all i asked was one lil ole question off the back of an article i saw on FB... 13 pages later...

I think the attributes of a society that you posted just above there DV, could have been applied to humanity throughout the ages. It was certainly depicted in Sodom & Gomorrah so I dont think we have come very far since those days. We have just become a little more sophisticated at it is all. Humanity has always been this depraved and corruptible. With a bit of lateral thinking and sharp observation, one could compile something on the human condition that could be very precient. Its always convenient that there are lots of generalities and not many precise specifics, talking in parables and analogies.

I always wonder what is the tipping point in "god's' decision making in terms of the second coming, like, hasnt there been enough shit perpetrated by wicked people across the board yet? Havent we polluted and sullied the environment enough yet to make this appearance? Havent enough people prayed to god without ever being heard, that he would finally appear and do his thang? What is god waiting for? For all the atrocities sent upon innicent peoples throughout history, how much suffering does He need before coming?

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:00 am

I think its an easy argument in either direction.

Saying there will come a time when ppl are greedy etc is a little like a clairvoyant standing in front of a crowd of people and saying I have a call from the other side for a man named John...

Its easy to run us down without looking at the positives. Do you see our western society as cruel and harsh compared to Gods chosen people who were a bunch of mercenaries who went around butchering people for money ?

We no longer put the wrong doer to death, care for our earth is now a strong force, we help others outside our society that are worse off etc etc etc etc etc

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Good points gubben about society , but to me and alot of christians it is alot of things comming together at the same point in history ,
when mankind would be capable of annialating themselves , the catholic church would fall , turning on religion , a worldwide (one) government , cashless society , the increase and frequency of natural dissasters , theres many more .

Yes theres been enough "misery"for god to step in , the bible has a prediction that god will step in right at the end before we destroy ourselves , if he cuts it short , the question wouldnt be answered once and for all , it wasnt allowed to go the full course .

( can man rule himself ) yes theres been misery , god said everything we go through now , will not be remebered and that he will make up any misery we go through now tenfold .
It has to run its course all the way to the end otherwise this last two thousand yrs would be for nothing , ppl suffered for nothing .

I and maybe it is just me cant see mans problems being fixed , population explosion alone will inevitably lead to a world war imo ,
and it all seems to be in sync with the bibles timeline .

One question yes gubben , with universal consequences " did the romans invent jesus " of course it will lead to " who was jesus " i said it before seems most here are agnostic or atheist , so yes i have some knowledge on the subject , i think after you posted you,ve made two comments through the whole post , and you know about the last "epic"post of course i was going to say something , im not here for the sake of an argument im here to dispute that the romans didnt invent jesus and to share my biblical knowledge , maybe i should keep the prophecy stuff to myself , i see each yr getting harder maybe its my perception of the world tainted by my biblical knowledge .

Thats why its called faith , not blind stupid faith , jesus said test all things (information) he told of a series of events comming together at the same point in history , he did say he was comming again .

As ive said earlier mankind with its advances in science and biblical predictions means sooner or later one will be proven false , it cannot drag on forever , the timeline is roughy 2000 odd yrs since jesus died , its a timeline that has an end , and at the end jesus said what would be happening , the above scripture is just one tiny piece of the end time prophecies .

as i said before thank god (pardon the pun) but we will know in our life time weather the bible can be put to bed forever as being a spiritual book .
Just interesting to me also is that jseus and other prophets said at the end there would be a fundamental shift against religion , so if the end time prophecies are true , these are the times

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:17 pm

"Do you see our western society as cruel and harsh compared to Gods chosen people who were a bunch of mercenaries who went around butchering people for money ?"

do you really think where better than before , look at iraq , afganistan , iran , siria , china , america , we are no better .

Eg . God killed alot of ppl in noahs flood , sodom and gommora they were examples that god will not put up with wickedness forever , jesus said the last days will be like the flood .
He judged those ppl who died in the flood , he chose to kill them then , most according to the bible will get a second chance after armageddon , but becuase of justice and as an example they had to die .
When u know the bible u know how god works .

God will judge those "mercinaries"individually .
David killed goliath ( murder -self defence ) ? either way he killed doing gods will , one example , god has killed doing his will , god will judge each man ...

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:27 pm

a man named John , frodo r u clairvoyant ? Frikkin hardy lol

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:03 pm

wasnt having a go gubben about what you posted , just that i dont know if your really that interested in the subject , becuase of your limited replies to the subject you posted , when it usually ends up with , if you believe in god you believe in tooth fairies replies .
so thats why i said what i did about posting it here , of course you can post anything u like i hope u get what im saying , i respect u :-) ...

Also with prophecies yes mankind has allways been the above , allways been anti-religous in some form , allways someone has wanted world domination , allways been earthquakes , but it said also at a a time when mankind would be capable of destroying themselves with weapons that " would disolve the flesh from your bones while you were still standing " with great power and a light bright enough to blind you . Back 2000 yrs ago they didnt know about nuclear weapons , the only weapon really that has been shown to disolve ppl while standing are nuclear weapons , and they are one of the prophecies for end times .

The Apostle John's description of the sun becoming black as sack cloth and the moon becoming like blood perfectly describes the phenomena that would result from massive amounts of dust and debris blown into the sky by nuclear war.

"And the atmosphere was pushed apart like a scroll when it is rolled together" (Revelation 6:14). Do you know what happens in a nuclear explosion? The atmosphere rolls back on itself! It's this tremendous rush of air back into the vacuum that causes much of the destruction of a nuclear explosion.In any event he described events at the end along with other prophecies from other biblical prophets .

At a time when this would be possible along with all the rest joining at the same junction in time , with mankind in general are worried about the imminent future , and the biggie really being that as i said the mighty vatican will fall , its never fallen before has it ? but its an end time prophecie that it will for all time be destroyed , totally , utterly , not a wound or stumble a total destruction , "outlawed by a one world government" also at a time when "despite wars going on this one world government would declare it now has worldwide "peace and security"
so yes most have been around at different points in history , but jesus gave a clear picture of what to expect before the second comming he said "all" these things will happen at the same time in history at a particular junction in world history .
So yes these are interesting times for christians atm .
Last edited by Dv8 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:22 pm

"care for our earth is now a strong force"

i see rape of the earth and recources , yes thers token efforts but a population explosion and greed will overtake the protection of the environment , it could be to little to late ?

yes mankind still helps its neighbour , i mean after the U.S.A nuked the japs they were one of the first there after to help :-/ , the bible says mankind is really incapable of treating each other and the world in a sustainable way , leading to the answer god is after or needs going forward .

we are living beyond our means , look how much the world has changed since say the fabulous fifties ? or even 60's , 70's , or even 80's , we have changed for the worse very rapidly we are more stressed , overworked , less tollerent . yes weve extended the human life , made technology advancments but has it made us happier ?

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Quote on CNN 30/12/13

" The year the Earth took a battering "
In 2013, the planet endured floods, typhoons and heatwaves. Is this a sign of things to come?

and

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12 ... ather?lite

The changes pope francis is making are putting the Catholic church in the place the bible said it would be before the world tilts towards entering the great tribulation .

Its not me saying these things or the only one that is seeing them .
All i say is be open minded , ppl cant tell me the "news"or media is lying to me , jesus said what to look for to herald his return .
As i said before these are interesting times for christians as said before there could be an interesting crossing of events in the not to distant future .

1:- the UN or another world government will declare they have achieved "peace and security" (no one knows the importance)
2:- The catholic church will fall ( ppl will aplaude)
3:- followed by the last savage persecution of christians .(ppl will aplaude)

there will be two sides to every coin - ppl will welcome the destruction of religion and church .

the bible calls the period where in now as seperating the sheep from the goats .

these are the next 3 biggies watch for them , they could all happen overnight .

the bible could be spot on .

hardy

Postby hardy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Stop reading CNN :P They have you by the balls.

Return to “Talk Zone”