UT99 Players?

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

kplxz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

UT99 Players?

Postby kplxz » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:52 pm

If you're interested, Lawlorz has setup a UT99 dedicated server (client version 436). We played it last night and the pings were good, gameplay smooth.

Lawz said he's happy to post up the server here. If you're up for a game he's on steam (as am I) or as Lawz said - anyone can join anytime they want whlie it's up!

bserver.asuscomm.com:7777

We played this last night...was so much fun!!

UT99:

Game is $10 on Steam.
Last edited by kplxz on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

frodo
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby frodo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:38 pm

insta ??

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:56 pm

uploaded the install files/packs :) everything in under 500Mb...now thats a well coded game :P

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:21 pm

KTC will be keen on this I reckon , she used to sit around watching my mates and I LAN on this

kplxz

Re: UT99 Players?

Postby kplxz » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:59 pm

are you on steam frodo?

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:50 pm

not for a few years

lawlorz

Postby lawlorz » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:15 pm

just some info. im aiming to leave the server running 24/7 as the box its running on is anyway. it is a standard ut99 install with no map packs or mods atm apart from a map voting mutator. I can add extra shit to it later if there is demand, but im guessing there wont be a great deal.

for anyone interested in joining, the map vote mutator will be pushed to you from the server, however for some reason it doesnt seem to auto bind a key to bring it up. you can download the mutator seperately

to bind the key to bring up the map vote, go to your ut99/system folder, open user.ini file, scroll down a short ways to the first blank "Aliases" and enter one as follows:

Aliases[26]=(Command="mutate bdbmapvote votemenu",Alias=MapVote)

(number is irrelevant, just the first empty one will do)

next, scroll down a bit further and all the keyboard keys are listed, find the key you want as your bind and enter "MapVote" after the equals sign. in my case, i chose F5 so it looks as follows:

F5=MapVote

simple.

let me know if theres any problems or requests.

oh and just to clarify, the server is running version 451b, but it will allow anyone with version 432 or above to join, but best to get 451b anyway, you can get it here: http://utpg.org/

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:31 pm

yep this is a legit game - $10 on Steam :)
Last edited by kplxz on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:38 pm

or better still... pay for it
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

hardy

Postby hardy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:47 pm

kn oath.. it's 10 bux lol, i have it, i wonder if it runs on linux

lawlorz

Postby lawlorz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:35 pm

hardy from a quick look you can run it natively on linux with a patch but its buggy, and apparently its better through wine.

anyway an update on the server. idm and ictf are now available through map vote. the server was prone to crashing occasionally (as in the entire server, not just the ut99 server) but ive installed some drivers, so hopefully itll be good now. the crashes were rare though, it hasnt yet crashed during a game.

hardy

Postby hardy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks man, ill consider installing it through steam if i get around to it. :)

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:42 pm

sweeeeet ill be getting in on this

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:54 pm

I might look into it :P How many of yas are there on usually?

lawlorz

Postby lawlorz » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:45 am

not many people, usually just a joint, lets go to ut99 from ql and then the server gets going. but im going to keep it going of nights, im now keeping it shut off during the day for power reasons.

Return to “Talk Zone”