What was the first game you ever played.

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

borgasm
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby borgasm » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:23 am

We used to have Commodore 64, but the only game I remember from it was Boulder Dash. Not sure which system I player COmmander Keen on, but i hammered that shit. (looking it up, was released in 1990, so must have been the 286)

Unfortunately I dont have much of a memory of my childhood so dont remember the super early games.

Oh, and Golden Axe!

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:43 am

Doom and Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion were some of my early 286 games. Also Tubular Worlds, that was awesome.

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Golden Axe was mad, yeah the first computer i had was a 486 had stacks of dos games, first one was wolf3d. loved the apogee series too, cosmo, crystal caves, secret agent etc. Also Street rod and stunts were pretty awesome

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:39 pm

omg stunts!

hardy

Postby hardy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:46 pm

Was a mad game hey! Apparently they made a newer version i haven't looked into it, its probably got nothing on the first one :P

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:44 pm

I did see that too but wasn't keen enough to investigate further. I'll stick to Dirt and Forza :D

baest

Postby baest » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Street Rod I/II were hell, still no game has come close to the depth of that.. some tried and failed miserably.

hardy

Re:

Postby hardy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:53 pm

baest

Postby baest » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:17 pm

"You dropped your transmission, klutz!"

hardy

Postby hardy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:24 pm

lol

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:21 pm

I played something like that on a microbee k. I think it was called castle eldrich. Also had joust on the bee.

Space invaders was huge when it came out and I had pong on our black and white tv in the mid 70's

I remember doing a paper run when I was young and we would take the change that they gave you to kick off with down to the milkbar and play all the new games like galaxian. Great times. Used to pay for itself as you had no change to give so the first few customers would usually give me the change as a tip. Oh to be 8 again and able to get away with it :)

Outersquare

Postby Outersquare » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:36 am

Xevious was fricken awesome Sif .. remember many evenings after school at a bowling alley playing that one (along with Space Invaders, PacMan, DigDug, MIssle Command etc). Those arcade games were what drew me off pinball machines and into the modern gaming age .. booyah!

First game on my own PC was chess :)

First multiplayer game (which is what I think we all should remember) was Descent. That was one super quality game for it's time. Used to play that heaps with work buddies on super fast Intel P90s in '96. This was around 6 months before I started the Doom, Quake1/2/3 highway to hell and back.

teek
Clan Member

Postby teek » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:16 pm

commander keen on the pc! also, some weird racing game where you had to jump your spaceship over gaps & blocks on a highway in space...

link: the legend of zelda on the nintendo. & megaman.

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:34 am

teek was that skyroads?

used to play the shit out of that in year 11 :D

snga
Clan Member

Postby snga » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:31 pm

rock paper scissors.....yip b4 electricity bwahahah

Return to “Talk Zone”