BMW R100RS 1MK Restoration

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Maybe a horse related supply store?

borgasm
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby borgasm » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:16 pm

There is a grain and fodder store nearby. sell all sorts of farm related stuff. Didnt realise they might have it. I dont know what its used for aside from flavouring Bundy.

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:42 pm

I got mine from a rural supply store. It is not a fast process, that piece was soaking for 2-3 weeks.

A note of warning - molasses has a very, VERY strong pungent smell after a couple days fermenting. Not a pleasant smell even if your trained in the removal of dead cow carcass's.
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:44 pm

I've only ever seen it fed to horses/cows

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:57 pm

Hrm, maybe not the best thing to use in a close urban environment then. Ive smelt rotting cows and thats damn nasty. I found a place in Lonsdale (50 mins drive) that does a rust removing acid product that doesnt attack metal. I can always use it on my tools that I leave in the rain until its inert so im not having to deal with getting rid of live product.
Now I just have towait for my fancy dust mask before I can start striping too much down. dont want to mess my lungs up with paint stripper and paint dust and underbody stuff. I fill them full of enough concrete and asphalt dust at work.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:52 pm

A bit more work done this week -

Usual update speil

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

hardy

Re: BMW R100RS 1MK Restoration

Postby hardy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:10 am

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:19 am

Do you use a dremel for your finer and more confined cleaning and polishing???
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:49 am

I blew the dremel up ages ago polishing the crank cases lols
Sanding & finishing has been all hand done.

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:35 am

wow now thats commitment!!! pity about your dremel... those things are awesome! :)

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:46 pm

Started painting some colour -

Also managed to get an of this months work.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:30 pm

swish :)

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:22 am

cant wait to see betsy back in working final order toga! your a bloody trooper m8, of that im sure!!! :D

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Lookin good Toga. I might need to pick your brain a bit when it comes to painting my little beasty. I'd love to do a candy on it but not sure i'll be able to make it look good. That might have to wait till I do the second round of modification and chuck an sr20 in it...

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:00 am

Shot the 2nd coat of gold on half of the pieces yesterday -

Yo Borgz... this is the 1st auto spray painting I have ever done... if I think I can shoot some candy colours, im sure you can too :D
Happy to offer some brain cells, I think im learning something :run:

Return to “Talk Zone”