BMW R100RS 1MK Restoration

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:35 pm

Well... I have to say that I am closer to being very disappointed, than being less than impressed with todays results spraying the tank, guards & bits.
Actually, im rather pissed off with myself this evening :x

On inspection I can clearly see where I stuffed up... and badly... on every piece :oops:
Coats to thick + not enough flash off time = badly bubbled surface's :shock:
Ill regroup and think it threw tomorrow :cry:
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

borgasm
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby borgasm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:38 pm

noooooooo :(
I hope its easily recoverable. I know im going to go through the same process of not being happy with imperfections. Candy is a tricky thing to paint. take your time thikning of a solution. Nothing worse than cracking out the sandpaper, then realising a better way to fix it later.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 pm

I might be able to buff it out but I think it will leave the colour too light and require another coat. Worst case is buff it back to gold then redo the smoke then candy again... all good :/

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Re: BMW R100RS 1MK Restoration

Postby SCUMBAG » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:34 pm

nice work toga
candy is a hard paint to use as well mate
you have done a great job on that
i have painted a few cars and boats
even dabbled in airbrushing.................
Attachments
IMG_0443.JPG
not a real good pic but youget the drift

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:03 pm

WTF ?
Awesome Man !!!

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:35 am

:eek: What he said^^^. thats sic m8! :thumbsup:
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Return to “Talk Zone”