BMW R100RS 1MK Restoration

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BMW R100RS 1MK Restoration

Postby Saratoga » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:19 am

Heyas, I dont know if we have any bike enthusiasts here.
I've owned "Betsy" since 1983 and man have we done some k's together... 970,337 to be precise.
It is time for a complete restoration. For those interested, you can read all about it
Attachments
0002.jpg
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

kanonfoda
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kanonfoda » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Hey Togs,

Read some of the posts on the link. I'll get around to the rest later. As someone said, at that age thinking of buying a BM? Well done. I had my Suzuki GS1000G back in those days. I now have a Kawasaki ZRX1200S. Never got any further than the Jap bikes. One day maybe....
Last edited by kanonfoda on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did I just say that?

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:14 pm

Mate .... I had saved hard to get a decent bike for my 18th & was sick and tired of replacing chains and sprockets faster than tires... so it had to be a shaftie, with the road miles I was doing I wanted a fairing ... nearly settled on a GS850 fully toured out...
Then I saw Betsy, took the train out to western Sydney, test road her, paid the man his $5200 and road home.
The rest as they say... is a lot of stories :wink:
One bloke made a post I hadnt considered before... $100k in fuel in 30yrs :o

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:47 am

Think I paid $3500 for the Suzi - New. Yeah shafties are the go, that's why I bought the G. They are nice and smooth and quiet compared to the chain. Unfortunately they don't make any like my old Suzi now and the ZRX was the closest thing I could get. Luckily it only gets used as a commuter and I have only replaced 1 chain and sprocket so far. It only has 60K on it from memory.

Would still go for a shaft it they made them. I test rode a BM but I'm not thrilled with the boxer engines. I like my inline fours! If I had the money I would replace the Z but it will have to do for a while longer :(

This is what it looks like - not mine but the same.
Attachments
ZRX1200S_1024x768.jpg
Did I just say that?

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:23 am

awsome toga
i love bikes as well, the dirt type
heres mine ...............
Attachments
toys.jpg

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:51 pm

Man wish i had a trail bike again .....
Had a DR500 road trail , Had to bounce on it to get it to mono - Did that once out riding in the Scrub , as i did i lost the foot holds so im hanging on to the grips feet dragging behind as its doin a mono hand slipping on the throttle only making it go faster heading for a gum tree i had to let it go and CAPOW , still bike was tough didnt hurt it at all only my pride lol . :D

Outersquare

Postby Outersquare » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:36 pm

Heya Toga .. bike enthusiast here. I used to run with a BMW dude in my biking days, though for the life of me I can't recall the models he rode. Back then I was riding a Ducati and cared nothing for his bike; I was just glad he was there to smoke with at each rest spot lol. We never talked about swapping rides .. ever. He liked his .. I liked mine. End of story.

Biking for me has been a long term affair for each bike I've owned (i.e. I owned few bikes, but each for a long time): #1 - Yamaha XJ 650, Ducati Pantah 500, Honda Fireblade. Wife and kid (much more so the wife!) have put an end to the riding dream for now. I haven't sat on anything for a long time, but for what it's worth, the urge, desire, feeling to ride .. whatever you want to call, it NEVER leaves you.

I will own and ride another bike before I leaved this world!

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:25 pm

looking at buying another bike atm... rode around europe a couple times when i first went over... after not having ridden over the past few years, its time to feel the breeze again...

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Funny you should say that OS, one of my early riding m8's had a ducati sd900. For years were never thought nor wanted to swap, one day out the back of Colo river we did. 1km down the road he was stopped and wanting to swap back... and so was I.
He was like... fkn boxer shit dont corner, the crash bars scrap the road....
lols - been there, done that, good scary shit... on to my 3rd set of crashbars rofls

Yeah Gubbz.. my lotto dreams are to ride her to the iron gates of Berlin ... and back home :D

rukuss
Clan Member

Postby rukuss » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:22 pm

nice bike toga, interesting stuff.. ur a motivated man ill give u that...

heres my little rocket CR125 04 model

I have NO Enemies, AS they are all DEAD.....

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:36 am

A few bikers here!

Great thread on that site Toga :) Looks like you are goin for it! I'd be interested to hear what BM say to you. So many kms!@!
I'm not much of a mechanic like you Toga and I also like to get the tools out and fix things :) Looks like that website has some great helpers on it. Can't wait for the after photos!
Last edited by kplxz on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Re:

Postby SCUMBAG » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:52 pm

lols scummy, ive been helping my sister move in Act... fkn freezin my fins off... head home end of the week

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:42 am

NEWS FLASH !!!!

I have just recieved an email from the President of BMW Corporate Communications & Marketing in Germany telling me they are organising the Australian BMW Corporate Marketing President to call me to hear my story and discuss the 1,000,000klm restoration of my R100RS !!

Shivers up and down my spine at the thought of BMW potentially jumping on board to participate / sponsor Betsy's restoration.

If you dont tell a story and ask a question, no one will hear you and the question will always go unanswered.

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:16 am

That's awesome Toga!

Return to “Talk Zone”