BMW R100RS 1MK Restoration

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:14 pm

In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:26 am

hmmmmm =PiT= MC!!!!! what a great idea!! i'll head up the toowoomba chapter on my 18speed mountain bike!!! :D
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Gubben
Clan Member

Re:

Postby Gubben » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 am

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:51 am

Ive been following where this old school bike painter is demonstrating his talents.
He starts buy saying he provides pics for his customers to show them the level of skillz & detail he puts into his work (justifying his cost). He also makes mention several times that his thread is not intended as a DIY 'trough-o-knowlege' or 'secret tips of the trade'... so dont ask.
Well... lols... wave a red flag at me mate pmsl... I had to chime in but was rather well behaved I have to say.
None the less, now he gets down to the final stage.... where a true professional craftsman can let his trade & talent shine - Pin Stipes !
I absolutely pissed myself to see his last set of pics... 2 bit slack fucker didnt even do them free hand... he masked & painted !! :lols:

Im soo glad I didnt try masking pin stripes, that is strictly the realm of the pro's -

Now to await the barrage of comments from my last post -

"I thought the pro's did free hand pin stripes !
... & only your lowly 'non target group' of DIYers would use masking tape for pin stripes.
Bit of a flat ending to a very sweet song imo... non the less, job very well done and again, thanks for sharing. "

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

hardy

Postby hardy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:22 am

Looking good, the end product will be interesting.

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:49 pm

wow that warkshop bloke does good work hey!!! i especially liked this colour combo :)

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:50 pm

lolz at the old school GPS toga!!! :lol:

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:16 pm

To each their own... I didnt say it in his thread but that colour makes me want to :puke:
Notice the push bike pedal on his kick starter, prolly the highest quality part you could put on a Harley :lol:

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:50 pm

"Damn it feels good to be a gangster"

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:56 pm

:lol: didn't notice that! i like the colour reminds me of the windows 95 high contrast theme :P

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:22 pm

*walks into shop*
"Got any of those Gumby green bikes left?"
"What about the tennis ball colored jump suits? They still in stock?"
"Excellent, Visa thanks"

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:33 pm

... I forgot to mention that I do have to hand it to him for foresight OR learning from experience, some where in one of his threads he shows another pic of him & his Harley at a rally... conveniently welded to the frame is a bottle opener :D
... & the wrench and tool kit taped to the front frame :roll:

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:41 pm

the mans a GENIUS!!!!!! :D

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Yay !!!
Fibre glass repair step is done :D
Next step is to add 2 litres of molasses into the petrol tank !

:D

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Just read through your full build thread Toga. Lookin damn fine.
If I can get the physio o fix my neck up im hoping to get an old bike and do it up too, but I wont have the relationship you have with yours. I'd do it to my Jackaroo, but I can see the bill getting to $30k pretty easy for what I want to do.

Return to “Talk Zone”