BMW R100RS 1MK Restoration

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:14 pm

We've got rain about & forecast for the rest of the week / weekend ... might have to wait till next week :/
Im keen to see the difference with some candy coating too mate :D
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:44 pm

I had to practice on some thing ! :puke:
Attachments
DSCF2503.JPG

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:50 am

If only that was in glow in the dark paint, would be a TRON commodore ...

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:15 am

ooooooooh that would be awesome!!! ive wanted to be inside of tron since i was a kid! :D
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:13 pm

You can get glow in the dark additives to add to paint. All sorts of stuff is available these days, even Thermochromic. when the car heats up the black coat over the top goes invisible and you see the colour underneath.

if you want to see some funky australian stuff. People have used the thermo pigment to make Rorschach masks for dress up parties. It works really well.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:34 am

This car was my brother inlaws Summer Nats burnout car... hence no care was given to the bodywork....
They even named it and a put big sticker on the boot... BOGON 1 ... since removed after being pulled over every 20klms, I think it looks much less conspicuous now :roll:
I dgaf what it looks like, its transport.... at some point in time I will tidy up the paint work... glow in the dark TRON sounds cool, ill see what I can come up with :D

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am

Oww Yeah BABY !!!!!
Half done... doing tank & other bits today :)

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:31 am

ooooooooooh!!!! is it bad i just made half mast?! :D looks fuggin gr8 m8!!! wd :)
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:08 am

Wowsers Toga. Betsy is gonna look hawt.

How many coats of candy is that? clear going over the top or does candy work as clear to a degree?

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:30 am

Looks prutty ...nice

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:18 pm

The candy concentrate is diluted into clear gloss. That is 3 coats.
Just need to let them cure properly for 4-5 days then buff them back to a mirror finish.

Words simply do not describe the colour/s to be seen in the sun.
For a 1st time sprayer - Im Fucking Excited :!:

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:28 pm

Can you do a quick video to show the colors in action?

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Im thinking of doing a basecoat red with an orange ghost pearl over the top, and a black roof on my datto wagon. Very interested to see how your red candy over gold comes up. A vid would be awesome if you have the time. Im getting excited to see your bike back together from all the way down here, cant imagine how excited you must be.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Umm... I think I can, Inky. I check out my mobile brick to see if/how well the vid works :lol:
Oww... I think my camera does a decent dodgy vid :lol:
Ill check it out soon mate.

Mmmm that sounds nice borgz... Pearls usually get added to a clear, too.

Im sure youve searched for vids, I found this vid useful for helping the mind imagine how to blend transparent tints over different bases. This one is all about candy -

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Ive seen the video where he paints that helmet. awesome stuff. Topcoats are still a long way away for me, but thinking about things now. still havnt fully decided if im going a red scheme, or blue. pretty major difference there.

hurry up and paint the tank toga, want to see how that looks :D

Return to “Talk Zone”