BMW R100RS 1MK Restoration

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Outersquare
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Outersquare » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:16 pm

"Hehe a clean workshop, is an unused workshop" .. tell that to a Formula 1 team. Have you seen their 'workshops' ? omg you can eat off any surface.

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Lol, yeah could you imagine how much time they would waste with shit in their way, tripping over shit trying to get the car out the gate.

Supprised to see how many people in PiT are bike enthusiasts. I am sadly not, i would love a RM 125 that would be sweet

sags
Clan Member

Postby sags » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:06 pm

hey toga, hows betsy coming along?
i looked at some of your forum. what a great site, & good people too.
Iv almost got my hands on a couple early model honda 750four's. i sold mine about 3 years ago and have feel depressed just thinking about it lol.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Heya sags... lurv the 750 4's, a mate had one 15yrs ago & sold it to buy an SD900... hes been pissed ever since too... GL with your aquasitions.

Im waiting on deliveries, & more $$$ for more deliveries... but in the meantime ive been busy washing, cleaning, sanding... there is a fkn tonne of individual pieces to this ole girl. I should be ready to start painting the frame (lols there are over 20 pieces to the frame alone), wheels, brake calipers, rotors & some engine parts next week. Then to start cleaning & sanding all the body parts in prep for painting.
I am hoping to be finished in time for an Xmas ride :)
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

sags
Clan Member

Postby sags » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:57 pm

good to hear it mate, you've inspired me to start ordering some bits n pieces for the aermacchi.
is there an annual ride you go on at Xmas (running bike permitting)?.
A bunch of workmates and myself go on a 3 day state run around tassie every November. ill post some picks this time around.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Oww... did I say go for a ride before Xmas... I meant start painting :P
*Sigh....
Ill get there,
... & a lill PiT eye candy
Attachments
0057.JPG

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:45 pm

good to see your still making progress on the old girl toga, was just reading through your last entry. very impressed M8 your painting methods honestly put most professionals to shame. not many who are willing to put that much prep into their work! WD man cant wait to see the old girl back in mint condition! :)
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:23 pm

Yeah, finally got around to .... cheers mate, its a zen meditation thing :D

Now come the really cool bits... fairing, tank & guards etc... I get to do some creative artwork, im very excited by my ideas... now to put them into paint :P

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:27 pm

can u upload some concept pics/designs? would be cool to get an impression of the what the final product is to be! truly a labour of love imo.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:00 pm

The idea I have is sort of a combination of the original candy apple / red smoke...
The 1st pic is mine 30yrs ago, others are random net pics -

Instead of a thin 2inch 'smoky edge' I intend to be closer to 6-7inch edge.
Instead of black smoke I will create a deep, semi transparent purple the fades into the bright candy red.
I will also be doing some thing a bit different, instead of using a solid base colour candy red like the originals, I intend to create a candy red & purple marble base.

This 1st vid is very very close to the colours I desire... and also the process's required to get gold, purple & red ... no pin stripes or gold leaf for me though, I have other plans :D

This vid shows the process's to create the marble base, I will use my colour scheme..

I will also use the same masking techniques in the 1st vid to create a custom BMW tank emblem... it will be deep purple, candy red & gold.

If after watching those you can close your eyes and blend them all together in your mind.... you will come close :D

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:54 am

damn man thats gonna look awesome! although thats probably gonna be a lot longer than the frame work. i love how easy some painting tricks are, if you saw that sort of marble effect on anything, you would think it would be difficult to accomplish!

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:37 pm

I actually think it wont be any longer, providing I dont get caught out time wise with fibre glass repairs & tank prep, as there is a fair bit to do.
It will be much much easier during the sanding & spraying steps as they are large flat surfaces, compared to all those bloody tubes & pipes.

... who woulda thought nice solid layers of metallic gold & green would be needed for a red/purple marble colour :D

kplxz

Re: BMW R100RS 1MK Restoration

Postby kplxz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:24 pm

I've heard these metallic paints cost a tonne...is this going to be seriously expensive Toga?

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:30 pm

good question icey, whats the cost of those paints or havent ya got that far yet?

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:53 pm

well, if you'd clicked the link you fellas would have learned 2 things.

first, toga cheats on us by posting on another forum.
second it's going to cost him something like $7000 all up.

:D

Return to “Talk Zone”