Skillrating?

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Skillrating?

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Sun May 12, 2013 9:17 am

heyas

I have been lookin on the net and read something about each person has a skill rating in each game type. I knew nothing of this, im just wondering is the skill rating how teams are shuffled? It would make sense as to why sometimes you dont get a good shuffle as there may be people aliasing and therefore have a low skill rating which is not right in the real world

My main question is, if anyone knows, how do you know what ya skillrating is? Or have I just found some BS on the net and your all scratching your heads wondering what I am on about :)

frodo
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby frodo » Sun May 12, 2013 10:55 am

Elo and not the 80's band

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Sun May 12, 2013 11:01 am

Or was that the 70's??

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Sun May 12, 2013 11:05 am

teek
Clan Member

Postby teek » Sun May 12, 2013 12:08 pm

can someone plz explain this elo concept to me?

it's been done but i didn't get it...

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Sun May 12, 2013 1:46 pm

Lol frodo not elo it's something different and you have lost me with the rest :p

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Sun May 12, 2013 4:27 pm

yeah, you do have a skill rating for every game type (except insta I believe, as its lumped with the parent gametype)

To see yours enter an EMPTY server and type '/serverinfo' then look for the 'sv_rating' number in the list of crap.
It basically shows the average rating of everyone in the server. This is what decides the Tier system. 70+ is tier 4, 100+ is 'tier 5' which doesnt have its own servers, but thats how you get the gold bar instead of yellow in your profile.

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Sun May 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Ah I see good work borg cleared it all up for me! I'll have to have a look what mine is

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Sun May 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Ah yes Borgy I had forgotten about that :)

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Sun May 12, 2013 11:06 pm

my ctf skill rating is 305 whether that is good or not i do not know!

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Sun May 12, 2013 11:53 pm

I think over a 100 is good from memory. So 300 is fookin outstanding

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Mon May 13, 2013 8:45 am

well i read also that it goes up by 4 if you win, but also goes up by 4 if you are the top scorer on the losing team, so i doubt its the hard to get a high number, though my CA rating is 98 and i have played a lot of games of that im fighting a losing battle there :P

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon May 13, 2013 10:07 am

As hyperwired pointed out last night, if you're the type of player who swaps teams when they are unfair, or similar, ELO will not work for you. Duel ELO seems ok to me, but the team games are skewed at winning. Promoting the "winning attitude" like this doesn't seem to be very sportsman like to me.

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Mon May 13, 2013 11:01 am

This is not ELO though, this is Quake Lives own rating system, and it is what influences shuffles. thats why i was interested in it, could not give 2 shits about ELO

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon May 13, 2013 11:42 am

ic

Return to “Talk Zone”