SPARTACUS

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

SPARTACUS

Postby Dv8 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Has anyone been watching this , series 3 and final just finished , without a doubt the best series ive watched , fkn awsome ..

Fkn Romans :p

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Is it on tv?

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:47 pm

foxtel , but ive been downloading the episodes/torrents ...

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:24 pm

I have seen them all but the last series, was waiting for it to finish so I can watch em all
In one hit! Awesome show, i thought it was terrible to start with first few eps are not great but it's gets so much better one of my fav series!

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:13 pm

watched the last episode last night and again today , awesome show

Extratorrent has the complete 3rd season

sags
Clan Member

Postby sags » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:41 pm

yeah really good series, as well as game of thrones but the series i'm really enjoying at the mo is "vikings". check that one out dv8 :)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:43 am

checked out the first episode of vikings , didnt think much of it ....

Sags , Googled Crassus etc etc , they think he could,ve been the wealthiest man in History , fkn Romans , he was a bad bastard ...

http://historyfixed.blogspot.com.au/201 ... assus.html

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Read colleen mculloch masters of Rome series. Went right through his generation sullas and into Caesar. Top read, not my normal style but probably my most enjoyable read ever.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:42 pm

cheers frodo . i know so much now about the roman empire lol , the more i learn the more you hate them , in saying that the romans have given current society so much , Fire brigades , police etc , bricks roads blah blah blah , but they were dictators in the extreme , hitler model'd his army/military on them .

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:59 pm

A dictator to them was someone who took power in times of trouble to get them out of the poop. Try the books to get things from the perspective of the times. That part of history makes a great story.

Dv8
Clan Member

Re: SPARTACUS

Postby Dv8 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:14 am

Will do frodo , Do u know how many,s in the series ? cheers ...

lol that,d b 7 after a quick google search , definately get the series ...

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:08 am

And each books a fair size too, nothing better than a large series that's good.

I think the first one was the grass crown.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:52 pm

First man in Rome i think , is this series factual or at least give you an accurate picture of life in rome ?

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:49 am

Yes it is and does. She is supposed to be an authority on roman history with a great deal of research behind it.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:55 pm

thx frodo , walked into a bookshop b4 there was 2 copies of the first man in rome for $1 each so i grabbed one ...

Return to “Talk Zone”