My Endeavour

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

rukuss
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Endeavour

Postby rukuss » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Hey Chaps/Chapette's

Whilst working today i had a thought, which has most likely been exhausted, but maybe not, I'm looking for some advice, guidance, knowledge on QL servers, and who or what sort of company runs the current syd/adl servers. I think their would be quite a few people who would benefit from some servers based in melbourne.. i know i would, my thought was maybe to start a petition or something to take to QL themselves or to express some heavy interest into a melbourne based provider or something of the sorts to create some melbourne based servers...

To be honest i have very little knowledge in what exactly is required to have dedicated servers such as these but i thought its worth investigating. Whats your thoughts guys??? is this to far fetched or???

discuss :)
I have NO Enemies, AS they are all DEAD.....

kanonfoda
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kanonfoda » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:32 pm

Do people actually live in Melbourne? Huh, who would have thought :P

I know nuttin' but I'm sure some boffin here will help you ruk.
Did I just say that?

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:54 am

Why not ask sync error how you would go about it. I am sure you would find support from the players. It would probably have to be a proposal that would include a host or a funding scheme like an advertiser willing to sign up if they did it.

There was a lot of players upset about when the Perth servers were dropped but the never returned. Not sure if they actively organised themselves and did anything serious about it though.

My be easier for you to just move to a house in Sydney with a nbn connection. :)

aeoL

Postby aeoL » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:10 pm

You just need to find someone willing to host the servers cheaply for id software. Sponge (Programmer for Quake Live) told me if I wanted to get Perth servers back I would need to find someone or an ISP or something willing to do it cheap. Also the syd servers are hosted by the same guy who hosts the premiumgamer servers for Quake 3

EDIT: I should also add that no way would id software ever get melb servers for QL. Whats the point when u have sydney/adel servers that give u 35 ping or less.

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 pm

fuckit while we on the subject............... what about a brisbane based server for all us guys that live in paradise
and we have soooooooooooo many state of origin trophies that we could sell a few to nsw to pay for the servers (and even the tally)
thoughts, cough, "toga" cough !

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:00 pm

i reckon new zealand deserves a couple of servers before australia gets any more
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:03 pm

na fuckem ! :P

rukuss
Clan Member

Postby rukuss » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:44 pm

yea i did think it might of been a bit of an out there thought... worth a try i spose

teek
Clan Member

Postby teek » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:23 pm

while on the subject, free freeze tag servers.
...just sayin'. ;)

trach
Clan Member

Re:

Postby trach » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 pm

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 pm

You wa guys all need the handicap IMO :)

hardy

Postby hardy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:24 am

I'm sure if you raised interest and asked people in quake live through forum post's and verbally asking them you might be able to get a select few people to all chuck in whats required monthly to get a Melbourne based server happening.

rukuss
Clan Member

Postby rukuss » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:56 pm

yea.. but im now thinking melbourne sever users would be a minority of the community... might be wrong

hardy

Postby hardy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:22 pm

I think there's quite a few people from Vic that play the game still.

smok1ng

Postby smok1ng » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:24 am

melbourne server would be a great idea :)

Return to “Talk Zone”