What the ......

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

oldmanflesh
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What the ......

Postby oldmanflesh » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 pm

I just realized I still had this address in my old bookmarks. Didnt think the site would be around anymore, let alone some of the guys still playing Q3. Cant even remember the last time I played Quake :P
So, how's everyone been?
Good to see some of the old names still around.

flesh AKA DoMe

kidToni78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What the ......

Postby kidToni78 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:53 pm

most of these guys play quakelive not Q3.

www.quakelive.com if you haven't seen it yet.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:03 am

Holy 3 eyed fish Batman... one of Oz's 1st Duel Champ's is back home... in dah flesh :P
Heya flesh great to see you again, you prolly dont remember me, I was just a newbie when you started Ausgamers. Didnt you get married about then ?
Yeah still a fair few old timers dropping in from time to time. Micky is on the servers a bit, Mr B is still in his Lycra, Target dropped by a little while ago also.
Sorry to inform you, if you dont already know, Baldrick passed away in '06... though his legacy lives on @ PiT.
Dont install QL - everyone will ragequit claiming your a hax from the past... :lol:
WB M8
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:46 am

hey u old cunt !
what have you been up to mate ?
you still gaming ?
i would love to see you on the servers again
get into quake live mate, you would be kickin arse in no time , im sure we have a =PiT= tag we could lend ya
dont be a stranger mate and drop in a bit more often

oldmanflesh
Clan Member

Postby oldmanflesh » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:59 pm

I remember you well Saratoga . Last time I was here was when Poor old Baldrick passed away. (R.I.P.) mate.
Still play some games but mainly mmo's. My reflexes and eyes have turned to shit over the last few years, dont think I could handle Quake at all anymore.
Ever since wisescreen monitors and laser mouses became the norm trying the game was so different, cant aim properly with them.
I even had a go at the old Q3 last night against a bot on piss easy mode and struggled :P
Been married for nearly 6 years now and my daughter will be 8 this year. She hogs my PC everytime she stays for the weekend to play games.
Was looking through some old posts last night and man there use to be some drama about, bought back some fond memories. Funny stuff :)
Played Q4 for a couple of months when it came out, but it didnt seem to take off very well.
Anyway, take care guys, I'll pop in and see how you guys have been keeping sometimes.

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Nice to see you back flesh.
You were just about finished playing Q3 when I was playing. I only got the chance to play with / against you a few times.
I remember though, you were a very l33t player!
I'm still as bad as ever, but still playing - or trying to :D
Don't feel you would be out of place in QL. I'm sure you would get up to speed in no time.
Just join with an alias like most ppl do, so as not to ruin the good name.
Did I just say that?

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:49 pm

lol heya flesh :-), and ffs "dont think you could handle quake anymore"!, man your still the best i've seen playing quake, seriously, mind you thats in my early years (early years? who am i kidding, dont think i've played quake in my early years lol) but fk im the eternal noob anyway .
just use a ball mouse lol, or an optical like an intellimouse etc, crts are still the best, unless you've got a lcd that does 125 hrtz, if you havent then it'll be stuffed.
btw seen zoot a couple of times on quakelive and rocks showed a few appearances here as well, bandit was playing a fair bit, mikey still plays but doesnt come here, ok if you dont want to play get your daughter onto it, comes from quake royalty lmao :D
and yeah dont make yourself a stranger, oh ffs just download quakelive its free, use an alias if your a noob now lmao.
your sincerely a fkn legend to people that knew you, i know that sounds corny but its actualy true in the quake world.
btw one great thing about quakelive is that you've got players playing from a lot of earlier quake versions, quite a few in pit now :-).

whos who in the dueling scene since you left?
from python to i think ventz, then dan, now fraze, although i think frazes twin bro cam is fkn good, anyway if you want to catch up with that scene go here,
http://4seasonsgaming.com/forums/
theres heaps of old names you'll know

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:53 am

bit of a fkn history lesson. hey i'm pissed lol.
i remember flesh trying to teach me to rail on dm17, he was jumpimg up on the middle bounce pad telling me when to shoot, i just couldnt do it, ffs.
thing is i was getting 18fps, on dial up modem, forget the ping now but was in the hundreds lol,used to just gaunt for the first year or so, until spud told me about adjusting my s_mixahead setting, gained around an extra 15 fps or so, then bandit sent me down a pc and monitor, ended up getting, i think in the 70's fps cant remember.
thing is everyone was in the same boat pretty much, flesh just blew me away.
it may be true that theres better players nowadays, but if you were there with the gear we had to play with and can compare the old schoolers to now, i still would put my money on flesh.
soz i'm old, and ffs what about mystic and mango/penguin, fkn legends lol, i hear mangos pretty much bald now.
but what really pissed me off was fkn figjam, he'd casualy have a bloody coversation with everyone while playing yet in the end totaly owning them!
and this was in the days before the infamous pit hax was developed :P

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:05 am

kidtoni78, you make one more fkn post and i'll ban you, just because you give me the shits.

hardy

Postby hardy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:23 am

lol

kidToni78

Postby kidToni78 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:01 am

i hardly post at all and all i wrote was a friendly link to the website? :S why the hostility :?

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:01 am

i totaly agree mr b
flesh was on of the best i have seen, figjam was also a great player
once they got adsl/cable we were REALLY fucked
flesh would just bounce on the middle pad on dm17 and rail away, fuck how good would he be at insta ctf lol
he was also a very good dueler ,even though he played ffa mostly, once he got quad every cunt used to run n hide !
there was another prick that was good ffa "top gun"
and then there was wombat, lobster, jizzlober lol ,huntoze,wotmedo,........ oh the memories

yer toni wot mr b said ffs man !

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:40 am

u kents entertain the shit out of me!!! :D
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:40 pm

oh ffs ok i apologise kidToni78, i was rude and it wasnt called for, sorry m8

Return to “Talk Zone”