Leap Motion Sensor

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

crooGz
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Leap Motion Sensor

Postby crooGz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:54 am

Getting one for 3d modelling - and also cos the tech looks cool.

Might see if I can try it in QL - is anyone interested in finding out how that experiment goes?

RockHeadRumple

Postby RockHeadRumple » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:49 pm

crooGz
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby crooGz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:58 pm

yeah saw that... even if its that bad... thats almost my skll level on a good day :)

RockHeadRumple

Postby RockHeadRumple » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:16 pm

Lol. I think it has possibility in the future as it gets more and more precise, but all I can think about is if it does, my arm would get too tired too quick using it to play a fast FPS game like QL.

But if you can record a demo of you using it and post it here that'd be cool :)

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:58 pm

yeah, will do that - 6 weeks before it ships... evidently the company is a startup.... should be interesting tho

kplxz

Re: Leap Motion Sensor

Postby kplxz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:32 pm

Looks way hard to control! I'd be interested hearing how it goes :)

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:33 pm

looks pretty cool! Lol at quake being played with UT music behind it

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:58 pm

needs better sensitivity...
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

RockHeadRumple

Re:

Postby RockHeadRumple » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:25 am

Outersquare

Postby Outersquare » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:42 pm

None of you remember when the 'mouse' was introduced as a controller in the early 80's? It was canned by many PC 'experts' as a dead-end. I remember them being hard to control well back in the early days. The mechanism was pretty crappy. Look at them now.

Remember too, Laser mice were absolute shit for FPS games when they first came out ... now they are the standard.

It may well be that this technology becomes sufficiently sensitive and versatile to be the only way to play :)

Maybe the hand can be seated comfortably inside a box so your arm doesn't get tired and the environment is sealed off and precise.

I can see this giving a lot of control and be infinitely tunable to your idiosyncrasies. The control system in that video is not that far removed from some very powerful and clever haptics control systems that are in use now. Some of the military haptics controllers I've seen are incredible.

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:35 am

+1 outer :)

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:02 am

Ive ordered one (maybe 2?) of these as well. ships in a month. So long as they meet their deadline. Some of the stuff people have done with it using the development packs is pretty funky. Lots of youtube vids.

crooGz
Clan Member

Re:

Postby crooGz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:39 pm

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Mine arrived a few weeks ago, anyone else have theirs yet?

crooGz
Clan Member

Re:

Postby crooGz » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Return to “Talk Zone”