ictf stats

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

kplxz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kplxz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:37 pm

rotfl @ 2013 A.D. and iD can't even get a simple thing like game stats for all game modes right. most game coders had that stuff sorted by 1999....

they even don't care that a 3rd party has jumped in with iCTF stats because their business model is so incompetent they can't do it themselves.

john mcormack is either lazy, stupid or corrupt. seeing as he obv isn't "stupid", and he couldn't be lazy considering iD is what it is, then possibly he is corrupt...aka the game is doing other things than providing entertainment. prove it? we need some network guru to monitor QL server data to find out what the truth is...prolly never going to happen...

i find it funny that mcromack can find time to spend 3 hours making a keynote address full of drivel, yet he can't find the time to develop QL properly. aka what a tool. as much as I love Quake, it's crap like this that has most QL players now playing other games more regularly. nice work johhny c - you're a champ.

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:20 pm

i think the problem is that quake live is a white elephant and it has cost more money than it has made would have a lot to do with it
if it was making money that the features would be upgraded on a regular basis
i have read that it cost id more than it has made them !

hardy

Re:

Postby hardy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:24 pm

hardy

Postby hardy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Sifz QL has a database of all peoples information and logs, its profiling people.. i read it somewhere.

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 pm

conspiracy in quake???
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:06 pm

The world ended a couple of months ago. I read it somewhere. :)

frodo
Clan Member

Re: Re:

Postby frodo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:15 pm

My new chickens still havnt laid any eggs.
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

kidToni78

Re:

Postby kidToni78 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:21 pm

hardy

Postby hardy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:17 pm

Its already been documented that that's what iD software do, youll find this if you research it.. It's in the official privacy policy if you can be bothered reading it.

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Re: Re:

Postby SCUMBAG » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:59 pm

cite

Re:

Postby cite » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:38 pm

kplxz

Re: ictf stats

Postby kplxz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:35 pm

well then insert the name of the CEO running QL! john mcormack or john mcnooblet idc

so many games over so many years now...so many dev so well...CS is a fine example of that

so there's no resources to dev the game? it's like a beta-alpha release? fair enough...but if they won't touch it because they want money before they will, then just drop it ffs? let someone who will dev a game go at it instead?

as so many have said over the last x months after that caining "update" (who coded that cause apparently they won't code without money and there is none?), i won't be renewing my subscription this year.

another comparable game might not be out there right now but another one will come. what a shame. quake3 and 4 were so good...why not just release those for free then charge for server accounts? any idea will do...doesn't take a rocket scientist imo but it seems to take more than a team of coders and some guys who want to run a gaming business...

VORT3X

Postby VORT3X » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:09 pm

I would like to know ratio of accounts vs Ratio of Subscribers! I reckon they get about 200,000-300,000 USD a year out of this game, which would far exceed their running costs!

I mean a server costs like 200 per year to run, and you can hire them in any major city!

I think if you stumbled onto the game of quake you would be like wow, but unless you really have a player community behind it like this website provides its kind of, just a game!

The thing that sucks balls the most is lack of being able to LAN with this game!

It used to be awesome to play on 5 ping with mates who lived locally, but they fucked it up being greedy!

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:39 pm

i would love to see a painkiller server ........ that was every bit as good as quake , maybe better
it was a pitty the net code was fucked when it came out, and it died b4 it could take off
but on lan it was fun and fast

Return to “Talk Zone”