The old GW TF days

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
forgetaboutit
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The old GW TF days

Postby forgetaboutit » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:00 pm

I'm sure this has been done to death but today whilst I was playing Instafreeze a few things reminded me of the old QuakeWorld Team Fortress days.

Did any of you PIT boys play QuakeWorld or even team fortress for that matter? I played for a while (as a teen) back when 200 was an average ping, which left much of the game play up to guess work and predictions.

Team Fortress never really took off hugely in the Perth servers for Quake 3 mainly because everyone seemed to be on a Counter Strike server or playing other games. Quake 3 seemed to disappear off the radar. Until now!

Check out this video below. I really want to see this added to Quake Live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2r_2hZ8q8 :bowdown:

Your thoughts?

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:29 pm

heya forgetaboutit, welcome :).
i think there's a few pits that used to play qw, not sure though.

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Hey, I played a _lot_ of quakeworld ctf and ra... but mostly on the nz servers (ahh good old dial up)
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

forgetaboutit

Postby forgetaboutit » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Rocket arena was awesome! It wasn't the best with Quake 3 because it became a rocket jump frenzy... Haha I remember the good old days of Quakeworld with soo many people playing deathmatch with weird skins.. naked people running around with Barny the dinosaur.

Sho_OterMcGavin
Clan Member

Postby Sho_OterMcGavin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Im spewin im so new to quake full of such rich history!

Outersquare

Re: The old GW TF days

Postby Outersquare » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Maybe you have some old QW experiences you can add to this thread Forgetaboutit (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5428)

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:35 am

Definitely was a QW player! Did the customised skins, practiced against the reaperbot (it wasn't really that good) so on and so forth...

I don't think TF got any traction here... there were a few NZ based servers for it, but not many.

Largely stopped playing any FPS for close on ten years after Q3 came out...(played that perhaps a dozen times before the QL beta)

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:53 pm

shouldn't we be talking about CS 1.5? Sure QW and TF were there at the time but so was Star Wars KOTR...and then there was CS!

the switch between a pistol and awp was so much faster than 1.6...lol

off topic? :/

Brunowa
Clan Member

Re: The old GW TF days

Postby Brunowa » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:31 pm

QW is legendary... I'm always up for some awesomeness!

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:30 pm

I may be wrong as I played neither but wasn't qw well before cs ?

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:13 pm

I used to play QW TF when it first came out, and for many years afterwards. It got me through year 12. Loved that game. Used to play on the Camtech servers as either borganism, or smegger. I'd definately play QL TF if it came out, but i doubt it will.

rukuss
Clan Member

Postby rukuss » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:29 pm

q2 was better :O
I have NO Enemies, AS they are all DEAD.....

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:38 pm

CS 1.0 came out with Half Life 1. Was QW around then? It probably was...

cite

Postby cite » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:47 pm

The original half life ran on a modified quake engine. Quake is the godfather of all modern fps games. CS came out and LAN events instantly became a horrible experience.

The original coder of the QW TF mod was Robin Walker (aka bro & lint 'o death) who ended up working at Valve and produced the current version of Team Fortress. I remember Borg telling me how he was beta testing the next version of TF on the Q2 engine but then they got picked by Valve and it all dissapeared for the next 10 years.

Return to “Talk Zone”