syd lag dilemma

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sags
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

syd lag dilemma

Postby sags » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 pm

its official, i can no longer play syd servers due to constant lag that pushes up to and even over 200.
I cant make sense of it cause Adelaide servers are still as stable as ever and pinging mid 30's for me.
Not sure if its a server update issue as i heard something about them changing some server locations or if its an internode routing issue. I could really do with some input or ideas as im not too smart with this sort of shit.
:help: :cry:

hardy

Postby hardy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 pm

I know that syd1 and syd2 are piped through different isps, usually syd2 is the shit one. Try connecting to syd1 and syd2 separately to suss it out. In your server browser customize tab specify what syd you want to test it out. If your pinging shit to both then i guess your in abit of trouble. Bomb's with internode i think and he doesn't get any issues.

sags
Clan Member

Postby sags » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Thanks hardy ill try to sus that out but thinking about it i spawned a syd 1 server the other day and could not even move due to lag. I will talk to bom too cause im with internode and he pretty savy with that sort of thing.

hardy

Postby hardy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:37 pm

No worries, hope it works out for ya.

kplxz

Re: syd lag dilemma

Postby kplxz » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:42 pm

yeah over the same period I've created a few SYD1 servers and every time every player has experience lag issues...

no doubt the vatican is installing it's new paedophile monitoring software on SYD servers atm?

seriously though, looks like its ADEL til they sort their crap out?

QL numbers have gone down so much over the last year it's heading towards 0 fast...

I lol'd the other night when I looked at the number of servers up...like around 50...and I could see only 4 servers active with only 2 full...imo they should call it quits and pull the pin sorry to say...approx. 45 empty servers......

back to Q3 imo :)

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:07 pm

It WAS going so swell... I wonder if this is the tail end of a slippery slope with Zenimax at the top and a 404 page at the bottom?

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Hope that isn't the case kplxz. QL is all I play (and no long sessions at that) so if it goes....

Back to a lonely life I guess :(
Did I just say that?

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 am

Chin up kanon.... They never really die. There will always be those couple of servers going each night with core of players who enjoy a frag with some familiars. So what if you need to swap the server or game mode you play on, it's all good.

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:52 am

unfortunately the last major update where they removed the voting was the final nail in the ql coffin
plus the fact that there is a lot of fuckwits playing ql now ( not to mention lg whores ) :)
i cant play anyhow, my pc freezes and i have to reset every time i play
time to go back to tf2 or i might try bf3

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:54 am

Quake has been around for nigh on 20 years.... many other games have come and gone. It is still there. It changes its colours a bit n stuff, but it is still there. It will still be there for another 20 years, as long as we all are... its just a shame that ID fuck with it so much, and deny us, who have paid for subscription, even after having bought the original games when they were released, and are having to pay again, for less than what it can be. I dont get their strategy, but it sure has demoralised many players who im sure have gone to greener pastures... The pure gameplay is what always brings people back to Quake, once they have tired of the juicy graphics in other games....

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:20 pm

there is obviously something awry @ ID...they have released a couple of new maps that are so fun to play...how hard is that to do? there are millions of map makers around...the fact that their business model is stupid and they won't allow custom maps and they won't release a decent number themselves spells out loud they are either completely retarded (not possible) or something else is up

the new black ops has CTF, DM, TDM, and etc...and is better than QL

it won't take long before the gaming world finds a new cool game like that to play...after that QL executives can go and gf imo

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:35 pm

COD? movement always felt clunky in COD compared to quake

amalik

Postby amalik » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:36 pm

The ping issue and the server lag are two completely distinct issues.
Getting a bad ping to the sydney servers is as a result of bad routing from your ISP, which can be exacerbated by bad routing on the end of the server's ISP... IIRC they're both hosted by Premiumgamer, which is on PIPE networks... Unfortunately, getting a ping of over 100 to Sydney servers is probably the fault of your ISP's routing table, or maybe one of the normal nodes your ISP routes through is down and as a result you have an additional 10 hops to the syd servers... Either way, it's not id's fault.
Your only hope is to weather it till eventually the routing table resets, or to call your ISP and talk to them about it, some ISPs are kind enough to reset your routing table.

As for the condition of the servers themselves, the two Syd servers are completely overloaded, and when people start hosting heaps of private games, they have a tendency to lag out. It's shithouse, but there's absolutely nothing that can be done about this, especially since the dropping of the Perth Servers.

Look here for some other potential solutions:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthre ... g%21%21%21
http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthre ... ary-fix%21

Also hardy, i'm pretty sure syd1,2 are hosted by the same people. You can test your ping by doing a tracert to:
gs1.premiumgamer.com

^

sags
Clan Member

Postby sags » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:59 pm

thanks amalik and peeps, things seemed to have settled and feeling more like normal over last 2 or 3 days

Return to “Talk Zone”