3D realms , Taketwo , DnF & leaked footage

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

3D realms , Taketwo , DnF & leaked footage

Postby Dv8 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:31 pm

Incompetence of 3D realms most probably , couldnt finish DnF and finally close's down .
laughable to say the least .
But Taketwo is taking 3D realms to court and suing them for not finishing DnF ,
have ordered immediately a copy of the code as is , ordered the handing over and security of
the computers with the code , and said dont touch the code again it aint yours .

So taketwo obviously will get it finished i,d say , it does look ok from the "leaked" video

http://games.on.net/article/5882/Duke_N ... ght_of_day

But really , they have Discraced the name Duke Nukem , they'd have to give it away
if it ever sees the light of day .
In the meantime Wolfenstein in july , looks the same as the last but i,d buy it :-)
Doom 4 , Modern Warfare 2 , good stuff keeps comming keeps me a big kid lol .
perserved with FARCRY 2 im at 54 % completed and it is getting v good awsome game engine
no shit .

cheers

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Tue May 19, 2009 11:35 am

As the story goes....they never planned to finish it. It was all an exercise in publicising the UT engine. Just do enough to show something every now and then etc. And now people are trying to sue each other over it.

Meh!

Sammus
Clan Member

Postby Sammus » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:39 pm

Should have replied to this sooner but anyway I don't think 3D Realms was using DNF as a an excercise in publicising the UT engine just because of the amount of content that they so rarely released I also think 3D Realms were just fickle about what they wanted to achieve and expected from technology at the time. From what I have been told their model they used for developing levels for Duke Nukem Forever was a crock of shit. Not once did they prototype a level they decided to build the level up from scratch and then test it and if they did not like it they decided then to redo the whole thing. But I am sure there are other reasons as well.
Signature.

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:52 pm

There's a blog from someone who worked there for a few years that says it's true....but cbf'd finding. It's out there though :)

Sammus
Clan Member

Postby Sammus » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:38 am

I'll have to see what I can find but yeah there are other reason's as well and what I mostly said in my post came from a former employee to, heh. But I am certainly not disagreeing its a royal shit basket now with Take 2 being pissed off.
Signature.

Return to “Talk Zone”