What's your poison thread

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:34 am

scotch or whiskey. 12 years or older, nothing less. The occasional gin and mojito.

Cider for summer afternoon drinks.

Red wine for casual / dinner.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

frodo
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby frodo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Trying out a bottle of black label Jim bean a neighbor gave me. Not so bad :D

And I must say I am impressed with the tastes of our previous posters

kanonfoda
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kanonfoda » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:24 pm

Has to be a single malt - oh ok, sometimes a quality blend. Choice depends on the mood, but examples:
Islay - Lagavulin - pref 16 yo
Highland - McAllan - pref 15 yo (I know Speyside and Highland are different regions but for this thread.....)
Inbetween - Talisker - 10, 12 doesn't matter.
Blend - JW Green label (Blue if someone gives it to me)

Beer - anything that is cheap (What a surprise eh)

Obese - I'm glad you said the 15 yo Glenfiddich :-)
Did I just say that?

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:37 pm

some expensive taste buds here! :)

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:36 pm

oh yeah when i do drink whiskey its got to be the glenfiddich
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Noobitor
Clan Member

Postby Noobitor » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:10 pm

I don't drink often nowdays , preferring KGBs mostly ,but when i do have a drink its old scotchs ,undiluted pure taste sensations )

They say Rome was built on seven hills ,but Dufftown was built on seven stills :D

So oneday doing the highlands scotch tours ,starting at Dufftown and the glenfiddich with some lunch at Duffhouse and a tour of its Mausoleum (if i'm a lucky Duff))
Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

cite

Re: What's your poison thread

Postby cite » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:13 pm

I've always been into beer so the current explosion in craft breweries has been awesome. A brewery opened up 700m from my place ! I rarely drink the same beer twice as there is so much choice. Here's some of the regulars.

Red Hill Brewery
Mornington Peninsula Brewery
Mountain Goat Hightail Ale
Moo Brew
White Rabbit
Little Creatures Bright Ale
Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen

Never drink a beer from a clear bottle.
Ales > Lagers

I work in between a Dan Murphies and First Choice so pick up a lot of half price slabs that are close to out of date. Half of these are bottle conditioned ales that only improve with age so the Best before date is pointless. Currently working through 2 slabs of Mountain Goat reduced from $70 to $35 wooot!

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:34 am

Nice

The ones that do the second ferment( the head ) , like you do in home brew, I think have a best after date.

+ 1 for never drink beer out of clear glass.

snga
Clan Member

Postby snga » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:55 am

on a Hot day - you cant beat a cold beer my choice the green grenades....steinlager
on a Cold day - mr Walker (black label) on the rocks.But if you got the dosh and the mrs dont mind you spending it BLUE LABEL.....yea boii time to get arressted moments lmao

ON ANY DAY ANY TIME GUBBS IS THE MAN GOOD OLD BUDDY DONT HURT :P

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Sold on quality, as it limits quantity..... But a shortish list: Merlot, Dark ales (Stout), good whiskey - Glenfidich, glenlivit.... none of this Johnny Walker crap.... St Remmys brandy.... A good tawny port...

Thirsty.

Return to “Talk Zone”