logo

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

logo

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:49 am

made a new logo
what do u think
oh massive if you wanna knock sumthing up.........feel free :rockon:
Attachments
LOGO.jpg

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:08 pm

like... not sure about the font used for the words salty dog though, feel it should be a bit bolder... and maybe reduce the kerning on the y in salty
Last edited by Gubben on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:10 pm

looks good

The fish part of the logo looks like its on an angle. Supposed to be like that ?

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Re: logo

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:01 pm

THIS BETTER ?
Attachments
LOGO_2.jpg

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:06 pm

yeah hits ya straight away now. Though i kinda liked the tilt of the fish, he looked more boss tilted... :p

hardy

Postby hardy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Yeah that does actually look better lol. Thought you would have made him straight :P looks good

Hadoken
Clan Member

Postby Hadoken » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:00 pm

The words "custom rods" are crooked
And the logo itself would be really only suitable for large print ( I.e it wont shrink well )

Quick Shop:

logoe.jpg

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:06 pm

i like it

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:18 pm

f1

Massive Graffiti

Postby Massive Graffiti » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:28 pm

thicker black lines for the fish, strong development, rework it fully again, as beta of the original, may be less bones and less white back ground too (on the inside)
Don't be bitter, be better. "Think Rich, Look Poor"

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Also allcaps that bottom text, makes it more uniform and you can get away with it in logos.

I'm not too pleased with the fish head? Less and bigger teeth? Angrier eye?

+1 MG

And maybe enlarge Custom Rods as we kind of lose it? Or run it under the oval?

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:25 pm

have a go at it ........ i have nfi how to use photoshop lol

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:35 pm

i like hados writing, is it a white background or clear?, don't know about the red colour.
while i like the logo and name, if you want to be all patriotic, proud to be aus etc, and thats cool, hows the name, Dingo StiX sound? lol
also the fish while effective, just seems obvious and the style is quite similar to other logos i've seen, plus the length of the writing and the fish all start and end fairly close on a vertical line, looks like everythings competing against each other.
i'ed like to see a dingo on his hind legs fighting a fish with a rod bent over, maybe line going down to something like the fish head logo.
not sure how many colours you can use?
dingo in sillouette, or just in outline, using gold colour to symbolise the fur? i dont know, sorry bit you know lmao :P
if staying with the salty dog name, which is a great name, very old term, has street cred across the board, i 'ed still use a dog logo.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:58 pm

A quick muck about effort .....
Attachments
Salty Dog.jpg
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Massive Graffiti

Postby Massive Graffiti » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:05 am

saratoga is better in many ways. yet the lines need to be all the same width. or closer in size to each other. it looks good. btw.
Don't be bitter, be better. "Think Rich, Look Poor"

Return to “Talk Zone”