logo

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:30 am

Scummy, depending on how you wish to use your logo will also dictate the level of detail and/or colour.
A 1 colour logo will be best for fax's / simple commercial printing ie: stickers, labels, letter heads, envelopes etc...
To use as a template logo for your rod artwork, you probably only want to have it 1 colour also, as you can change / customise the thread colour as you choose.
For promotional material like t-shirts & caps etc keep easy 'solid' colours to a maximum of 3.
Internet use and home style printing can use the highest detail and maximum use of colour.
In years past, after a client was happy with the initial b/w design, I would then create a 2nd logo using 3 colours then a 3rd using full colour... that way you have a logo for all needs.

If ya half like that one m8 I'll work it a bit more for you... or I can have a go with your fish...

MG, being an artist, one would have thought you understand the need to add dimension to the work. This can best be achieved by use of different weight lines and/or shadow/texture. KISS
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SCUMBAG » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:41 am

yer have a play with it
i will prolly just use the fish on the small stuff like labels but i will use the whole thing on t shirts
oh and for the labels in must be transparent background
i prefer the skeleton type fish logo

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:00 pm

OK ... next incarnation (too stuffed to do more now) .... let me know what you like & dont like m8....
Im happy to do a heap till your happy -
BTW - food for serious thought scummy about the brand / business name - Both saltydog.com & saltydog.com.au are taken, you should check for rego business name availability also.....
DinGo StiX has a great rhyme to it :D .... and all www are available.
Attachments
Salty Dog.jpg

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 pm

.... and a quick attempt at MrB's great suggestion ... replace yellow circle for cool dingo holding the rod...
Attachments
DingOStiX.jpg

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:45 pm

nice work toga

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:52 am

http://www.saltydogcustomrods is not taken
not sure about dingostix... and the toga head
i do not want the fish to look like and species, just distinguishable as a fish
i like the design. that looks realy good
also the slogan should be " rods that bite back "

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:35 am

NP's M8 ...i'll be bak
back .... next -
Attachments
Salty Dog.jpg

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Re: logo

Postby Saratoga » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:50 pm

..... another style -
Attachments
Salty Dog.jpg

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:30 pm

i love the bottom ones but that is the gloomis logo !
lol
http://www.gloomis.com/

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 pm

wtf ? ...... lols

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 am

.... OK ..... next -
still not happy with shape of top lip, bottom jaw needs to be a bit heavier .....
Attachments
Salty Dog.jpg

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Ditch the second eye, shorten up the bottom jaw and just go for the profile view?

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:18 pm

yer toga ur on the right track
def go for profile view

cresh0r

Re: logo

Postby cresh0r » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:51 pm

i got bored so attempted making a fish :(
Attachments
SALTYDOG.jpg
BORED :P
SALTYDOG.jpg (93.57 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
new sig coming soon meanwhile..LOK OUT - DIKTEKTIV CRISH ON DA CAS

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Nice cresh, should make the ribs into guides?

Return to “Talk Zone”