Youtube thread (Post your clips)

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Gubben
Clan Member

Re: Youtube thread (Post your clips)

Postby Gubben » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:09 pm

yeah the video is about mankinds unethical treatment of fellow sentient beings, the fact that we eat them or their by-products is the only relevence to diet... i like the detail on one of his powerpoint presentation slides (which if you pause vid you can read) which states (paraphrasing here) that if these creatures we slaughter were to follow a religion mankind would be representative of the devil to them... fucked up shit...

fauX
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby fauX » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Yeah Gubbs. Here's a link to a video interview with him in which he talks about that right at the end:

http://dotsub.com/view/379065dc-402c-4b ... e25a3cdfcb

And check this out and listen to the retards comment at the end:

Noobitor
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Noobitor » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:06 am

good find Noobitor, I have all his stuff on the Deeveedees, so clever and roflcopter

Noobitor
Clan Member

Postby Noobitor » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:14 am

yer was good humour ) , I first seen him in Blacks Books , so watching the Dylan Moran vid next down the tubelist )
Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:18 am

fauX

Postby fauX » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:47 am

Did you watch the video? I would think any already practicing vegan who has Yourofsky's unique perspective on the subject would be a very rare individual indeed. As a vegan for ethical and health reasons for many years, I can still say that the video changed the way I look at the foundation of the mainstream food industry, because Yourofsky is capable of framing it in a way that most advocates of veganism don't. Many proponents of ethical eating actually disassociate themselves from him because of his unique approach. He is not a pacifist like many in the vegan industry are. Even vegans can benefit from gaining fresh perspectives by watching this video, imho.

Noobitor
Clan Member

Postby Noobitor » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:17 pm

yeah it has got me thinking a lot about food for sure. His revelation that honey is vomit is an interesting one, and one i'm trying to figure out whether it's a bad thing or not. Pretty tasty vomit and they make it naturally. NOt sure what the downside is from an ethical pov. Compared to milk which requires artificially impregnating cows or administering growth hormones so that they make milk (which i didnt realise they did). That constant milk production leads to over used and worn teats which oozes pus and other bits into the milk... not only that the taking away of their male offspring leads to distress for the mother cow, and a life of misery for the calf before being slaughtered for veal... i am now gonna look into making my own cheese from a local small dairy.

Noobitor, that Carlos clip is awesome, what a funny bastard.

fauX

Re:

Postby fauX » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:33 pm

lol on the Panda skits

yeah im havin a hard time with cheese now... I cant imagine giving it up... butter too... they are both daily staples...

fauX

Postby fauX » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 pm

All I'll say is want vs need, and think about the animals. But I know how hard it is to give up, I've been there. These days though it's been so long I can't imagine eating that shit anymore. It's literally too gross to me to even stomach.

Actually, don't just think of the animals, let them tell you just how bad cheese really is rofl:

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:16 pm

along the same lines, this is just heart wrenching

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:27 am

i can imagine what is about to come just looking at the thumbnail, i cant watch it... people who do that are pure evil. I dont get it.

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:39 am

Last edited by kplxz on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Talk Zone”